Join for free
Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-12-2016, 09:24 PM

Re: assisted dying

This wasn't voluntary I know, but I just saw in the USA, a criminal given the death sentence, took 34 mins to die by injection.
gumbud
Chatterbox
australia
gumbud is male  gumbud has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-12-2016, 01:41 AM

Originally Posted by Mups ->
This wasn't voluntary I know, but I just saw in the USA, a criminal given the death sentence, took 34 mins to die by injection.
God thought you were Muddy then mudding the waters like that! - it's about Sherlock and Watson paid you a visit me thinks!
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-12-2016, 08:53 AM

Have house prices significantly increased in Victoria?
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-12-2016, 08:55 AM

Like healthcare, there may come a point where only the wealthy can get assistance.
gumbud
Chatterbox
australia
gumbud is male  gumbud has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-12-2016, 10:39 AM

Originally Posted by spitfire ->
Have house prices significantly increased in Victoria?
good time to move - I can get you a good deal spitty - know a few gentlemen in the trade!!
Jem
Chatterbox
Dublin
Jem is male  Jem has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-12-2016, 06:02 PM

I strongly suspect that it’s going on already in hospitals all over the world Gumbud. I’m not condemning it by no means, just pointing out my own experience in the case of my dear Mother.
She was in the last stages of Alzheimers and the family were called to the hospital, She just lay in the bed not knowing a soul and her eyes were rolling everywhere, I won’t go into the details, the lady doctor told us she would be gone within the hour, she then went away (the doctor) and returned ten minutes later and gave my Mother an injection, fifteen minutes later she was dead. We were all grateful that she died peacefully and never questioned what was the injection was for, but that didn’t stop us wondering, that was 16 years ago.
Pats
Lincolnshire
Pats is female  Pats has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-12-2016, 06:52 PM

Originally Posted by Jem ->
I strongly suspect that it’s going on already in hospitals all over the world Gumbud. I’m not condemning it by no means, just pointing out my own experience in the case of my dear Mother.
She was in the last stages of Alzheimers and the family were called to the hospital, She just lay in the bed not knowing a soul and her eyes were rolling everywhere, I won’t go into the details, the lady doctor told us she would be gone within the hour, she then went away (the doctor) and returned ten minutes later and gave my Mother an injection, fifteen minutes later she was dead. We were all grateful that she died peacefully and never questioned what was the injection was for, but that didn’t stop us wondering, that was 16 years ago.
Palliative sedation I would think it was.
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-12-2016, 07:10 AM

There is no doubt in my mind that this will come eventually.
Poor people ,what pain they must be in to want to end their lives and then endure the added discomfort of dragging themselves to Switzerland to die in the stark stragenss of Dignidas
Surely everyone has a right to a pain free death in their own homes or at least their own country.
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-01-2017, 12:47 AM

Originally Posted by Jem ->
she then went away (the doctor) and returned ten minutes later and gave my Mother an injection, fifteen minutes later she was dead. We were all grateful that she died peacefully and never questioned what was the injection was for, but that didn’t stop us wondering, that was 16 years ago.
The exact same thing happened with my father and that was 23 years ago. We were told the injection was either antibiotics or painkillers. It must be quite common and they must know what they are doing.
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-01-2017, 12:59 AM

Originally Posted by Indigo ->
The UK is lagging behind Switzerland, Belgium, Luxembourg, Australia and certain states in the USA in making assisted dying legal. I used to belong to Dignity in Dying, which campaigns for it in the UK, but I got so disillusioned with the House of Commons on the 2 recent attempts to push it through, that I am no longer involved. Sadly I think it will be many years before the UK sees sense. Certainly not in my lifetime. If I need assisted dying, I am resigned to having to do a "Short Stay in Switzerland".
We lag behind other countries in a number of ways, and I agree that this is one that should be permitted. Like you, I cannot see them allowing it in my lifetime, though.

If I were sufficiently in need of ending my life, I'd consider an insulin overdose. I am insulin-dependent diabetic and have sufficient stock to do the deed if necessary.

Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top