Join for free
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
susan m
DORSET UK
susan m is female  susan m has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-12-2016, 10:39 AM

Rough sleepers in marble arch

I'm just watching a programme Oxford Street revealed on bbc1 . Around marble arch are hordes of romany gypsies sleeping rough , the police are moving them on . The filth is appalling, yet moving them on to where ? It seems coach loads are dropped at marble arch and they just set up camp and stay . What on earth is happening to our country it really is a disgrace . Are our governent stupid and blind , surely they see these programmes .
Tpin
Chatterbox
UK
Tpin is male  Tpin has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-12-2016, 10:46 AM

Re: Rough sleepers in marble arch

Wasnt this forecast by the King of the Roma Gypsies a few years back?
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-12-2016, 11:06 AM

They may not be gypsies but Romanians who are allowed to come here from the EU.
They are everywhere selling copies of the big issue.

The Romanian community has been one of the fastest growing in the UK, reaching an estimated 223,000 in 2015, and more National Insurance numbers were issued to Romanians than any other nationality in the year to March. An NI number enables you to work and, potentially, claim benefits in the UK.
According to the Office for National Statistics, the number of Romanians in the UK was 128,000 in 2013, but that rose dramatically with the full opening of the UK labour market to Romanians and Bulgarians on 1 January 2014.
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politic...endum-36704783
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-12-2016, 11:10 AM

The West End is ideal for begging, pickpocketing and scamming so it's no wonder they stay there.
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-12-2016, 11:20 AM

We used to have a native population of Romany Gypsy travellers who worked as itinerant pickers following the seasonal produce around the country. I have picked fruit and vegetables along side them they seemed to be really nice and very proud people .

They appear to have been displaced around here at least by other eastern European labour, maybe the new lot are cheaper to employ.
marmaduke
uk ( Cheshire)
marmaduke is male  marmaduke has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-12-2016, 11:47 AM

They are here for one reason only ...... they are allowed to be here ...... that's the bottom line ...... they have as much right to live here as you do ,possibly more so as they are the best class of citizen ever ..... a 'minority'

I'm presuming London will spend billions in the coming years to make Marble Arch larger as soon we will have Albanian citizens together with many more countries looking for easy targets ...-typo... I mean to offer their cheap labour skills to this once great nation ,but hey as the song says .... you ain't seen nothing yet !
Flicker
France
Flicker is female  Flicker has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-12-2016, 02:24 PM

Originally Posted by Meg ->
We used to have a native population of Romany Gypsy travellers who worked as itinerant pickers following the seasonal produce around the country. I have picked fruit and vegetables along side them they seemed to be really nice and very proud people .

They appear to have been displaced around here at least by other eastern European labour, maybe the new lot are cheaper to employ.
Romanys are by origin Eastern European.

So what has changed?

Why are some Eastern Europeans OK and others are not?
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire

09-12-2016, 02:52 PM

Originally Posted by Flicker ->
Romanys are by origin Eastern European.

So what has changed?

Why are some Eastern Europeans OK and others are not?
I am perfectly aware of that thank you Flicker and they have been here for generations supporting themselves. Unlike the influx of Romanians enticed here via the EU in the belief that there are handout to be had and who can blame them, not their fault, the EU's expansionist policies are to blame.

We have unemployed homeless Romanians literally fighting local charities like the air ambulance for pitches to sell the Big Issue here, the Romanians should not be here if they don't have homes and work, we have plenty of our own homeless to look after like ex-service men.
We can't accommodate everyone who would like to come here and provide for them all on this small island.
The only reason they are here is the EU.
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-12-2016, 09:34 AM

It's years now since I saw a big issue seller who was NOT Romanian .
I never buy it anyway .
The best thing IMO is just to give to charities of your choice either by direct debit or other means then you can resist all the wheedling begging quite easily.
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!
Silver Tabby is female  Silver Tabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-12-2016, 10:07 AM

Originally Posted by susan m ->
I'm just watching a programme Oxford Street revealed on bbc1 . Around marble arch are hordes of romany gypsies sleeping rough , the police are moving them on . The filth is appalling, yet moving them on to where ? It seems coach loads are dropped at marble arch and they just set up camp and stay . What on earth is happening to our country it really is a disgrace . Are our governent stupid and blind , surely they see these programmes .
I think Meg is right - these will be Romanians not Romanies.

Most true Romany gypsies are clean, hard working and fiercely proud of their origins/culture. You are most unlikely to find one sleeping rough as they take care of their own.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top