Join for free
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
marmaduke
uk ( Cheshire)
marmaduke is male  marmaduke has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-12-2016, 10:59 AM

Dave blames popularism

Article: http://www.huffingtonpost.co.uk/entr...ushpmg00000006

Call me Dave blames circumstances for his defeat .... he failed to mention his efforts in making Libya a failed state ,he failed to mention his austerity cuts ..... he failed to mention his wife having a lady on £60k year ( paid for by us) to choose her handbags .... he failed to mention project fear .... a referendum possibly lost due to the migrant crisis that he himself to quote gaddafi ' will open the gates of hell 'but went ahead making it a failed state anyway ... he failed to mention whilst at home he deposed turkey joining but once he was out of ear shot was actively encouraging turkeys membership .... he failed to mention most of all that like bLIAR another failed PM who surrounded himself with liars and spin doctors and knew the people wanted 'out' that he was forced into a referendum by UKIP ,indeed he was only elected for another term by promising a referendum .... Cameron will go down in history as the worst PM this country has ever had ( and we have had an awful lot of useless names to choose from ) and was always on borrowed time in reality

Here's what the paper says

David Cameron has claimed that “populism” cost him his job - although no one seems particularly convinced by his claims.

The former prime minister said the issue of Europe had “poisoned” British politics for 40 years, the Press Association reported.

Answering questions following a speech on the events of 2016, Cameron said: “So far these three events - the Brexit referendum, the election of President Trump, the referendum in Italy - I’m sure people are going to write about this movement of unhappiness and concern about the state of the world.

NEWS
‘Populism Cost Me My Job’, Says David Cameron In Speech To US Students
Mary Beard has some advice for the former Prime Minister.
44 minutes ago | Updated 13 minutes ago
Sarah Ann Harris News Reporter, The Huffington Post UK
David Cameron has claimed that “populism” cost him his job - although no one seems particularly convinced by his claims.

The former prime minister said the issue of Europe had “poisoned” British politics for 40 years, the Press Association reported.

Answering questions following a speech on the events of 2016, Cameron said: “So far these three events - the Brexit referendum, the election of President Trump, the referendum in Italy - I’m sure people are going to write about this movement of unhappiness and concern about the state of the world.

ICON SPORTSWIRE VIA GETTY IMAGES
David Cameron claimed that “populism” cost him his job
“I think you could see that in the British vote ... was a mixture of economics and cultural arguments, I think your situation (in the US) was quite similar, I think in Italy it’s more connected with the euro.

“But ultimately, how 2016 goes down in history will depend on what political leaders do next. That’s why I have tried to make a very clear argument which is that if they put their heads in the sand and say, ‘well this will pass and we just carry on the way we are’, then 2016 will be seen as a real watershed.

“But if, as I believe will happen, that our democracies are flexible enough and our leaders are aware enough, they will correct - course correct as I put it - the problems that they face.

“So you will see a greater emphasis on trying to help those who are left behind.”

He added: “I think if that response is right, 2016 will be seen as a moment of course correction rather than a moment of fundamental change. But if leaders don’t take that approach - perhaps particularly in Europe - then it could go down as something quite different.”

Cameron’s claim prompted a number of people, including historian Mary Beard, to respond with incredulity...
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-12-2016, 11:30 AM

Re: Dave blames popularism

Complacency cost Dave his job .....
Barry
Chatterbox
North Notts
Barry is male  Barry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-12-2016, 11:47 AM

He lost his job because he thought more of the EU than he did of us.
Flicker
France
Flicker is female  Flicker has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-12-2016, 02:33 PM

Originally Posted by Barry ->
He lost his job because he thought more of the EU than he did of us.
The EU has been the source of your national wealth for 50 years.
It has guaranteed you a market for your goods, sources of goods you can resell at a profit, has rebuilt everything from city centres to small local developments , has helped to provide national security and kept the farmers and therefore the environment healthy.

Is that not "looking after you"?
Silbee
Wales ... aka God's pocket.
Silbee is female  Silbee has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-12-2016, 02:46 PM

I saw him in the press this morning looking shinier and fatter than usual.

His credibility factor is zero.

His speech read more like whingeing self-justification than anything rooted in reality.

I will never believe he resigned, he was booted out to stop Article 50 being served the next day.
Barry
Chatterbox
North Notts
Barry is male  Barry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-12-2016, 04:46 PM

Originally Posted by Flicker ->
The EU has been the source of your national wealth for 50 years.
It has guaranteed you a market for your goods, sources of goods you can resell at a profit, has rebuilt everything from city centres to small local developments , has helped to provide national security and kept the farmers and therefore the environment healthy.

Is that not "looking after you"?
I'm not sure why you keep quoting my posts then giving a reply which bears no relevance to it?
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-12-2016, 05:25 PM

Originally Posted by Barry ->
I'm not sure why you keep quoting my posts then giving a reply which bears no relevance to it?
I don't know why she keeps giving replies full stop!

Does she think she's converted anyone to her way of thinking?

Does she even think she's managed to persuade the country to return to the EU?

APRICOT
Chatterbox
Suffolk UK
APRICOT is female  APRICOT has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-12-2016, 06:54 PM

He is a prize W----r in my opinion.
He didn"t see us right over Brexit.
He then Jumped ship as soon as was possible.
He is now on the American circuit as a public speaker.
Shame on him .
Fraid to say this , but I quite despise him.
Not that he gives a monkey"s what I or anyone else thinks.
Just fill your boots "Call me Dave" as the rest of them have done.
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-12-2016, 07:18 PM

Hi

Call me D was an amiable dope.

Not a nasty man, just one with no sense of reality.
Pumicestone
Australia
Pumicestone is male  Pumicestone has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-12-2016, 07:33 PM

Originally Posted by JBR ->
I don't know why she keeps giving replies full stop!
Does she think she's converted anyone to her way of thinking?
Does she even think she's managed to persuade the country to return to the EU?
This independent observer doesn't give a rat's whether the UK exits the Eu or not
(thought it was a 'done deal' ?).
And, I have no idea who most of the people are whom you talk about.

HOWEVER, I see no reason why "she" should be deterred from expressing her views.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top