Join for free
Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3
APRICOT
Chatterbox
Suffolk UK
APRICOT is female  APRICOT has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-12-2016, 06:49 PM

Re: Dave blames popularism

Originally Posted by JBR ->
You mean she's a he in drag?
Well , funny you should say that .
Pumicestone
Australia
Pumicestone is male  Pumicestone has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-12-2016, 11:38 PM

Originally Posted by Pumicestone ->
.... I see no reason why "she" should be deterred from expressing her views.
Originally Posted by APRICOT ->
Well you are Australian Pumice, so you think differently to THE English.
Oh, I dunno.
I suspect that most English folk would defend every person's right to express their opinion -
regardless of how whacky they may be ?
Flicker
France
Flicker is female  Flicker has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-12-2016, 11:51 AM

Originally Posted by JBR ->
Of course not. It is my opinion that everyone should be able to state their opinion on any matter, even if it upsets some people. That's freedom of speech.

I was just pointing out that I can see no real purpose to her constantly telling us that we were wrong.
Because freedom of speech os no the same thing as agreeing with you.
Because discussing something is not the same as agreeing with you.

Because I and almost half the country DISAGREE with you. It has noting to do with who won the referendul...it has to do with what people believe is correct for the future of the country.
Because the purpose is to point out the folly of those who followed the populist drip feed of propaganda that has slowly but like water, carved a channel into the predesigned rock of pulic opinion...

FRO THEIR OWN FINANCIAL BENEFIT.

Tell people they have an enemy, shovel spoonfuls of propaganda down the line , create a false war and give them some slogans to fight for and you sell millions of papers.

and in this case, who will be paying the price for years to come?? Not the paper.

So I do have a right to express an opinion even if it upsets some. And I will continue to express it because it is my opinion. The direction the UK decided to take was an amazingly clever subtle control of heart and mind which fascinates and horrifies me. In both the US and the UK the repeated lack of facts, research, connecting the dots and looking ahead is a constant source of a mix of interest, amazement and disillusion as populism (subject of this thread and which is not me) is manipulated by powers which as usual are there to serve their own interests.

The role of the other in any discussion is to present its case and defend its position.

I am not in any way trying to change anyone's mind. I am trying to DISCUSS something. That does not mean I have to join in your Brexit Appreciation Society where everyone applauds everyone else. Nor does it mean I have to think you are right in the path you have chosen for your country.
I h ave asked now 5 times how in future the UK will make a living post Brexit and so far I have had NO replies.
Just that lack of concern for your younger population is startling. I have a right to mention it since it is fundamental to the future even if you want to ignore it.

So please stop turning an opinion not yet satisfied into some emotional charge of disliking the UK, disloyalty, blah blah. Yu can disagree with a country because you DO care about it...just that you have an alternative view about what is best for it.

Freedom of speech is exactly that and does not hinge on whether it is YOUR point of view.
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-12-2016, 05:30 PM

Originally Posted by Flicker ->
Because freedom of speech os no the same thing as agreeing with you.

Because I and almost half the country DISAGREE with you. It has noting to do with who won the referendul...it has to do with what people believe is correct for the future of the country.
Because the purpose is to point out the folly of those who followed the populist drip feed of propaganda that has slowly but like water, carved a channel into the predesigned rock of pulic opinion...

FRO THEIR OWN FINANCIAL BENEFIT.
is, nothing, referendum, public (could have been worse, you could have typed 'pubic'!), from.

Why am I reading through all of this claptrap?

Why? Because she's so ready to correct us and every little mistake we make in our spelling, yet she does exactly the same thing herself, frequently!

Still, that's it. It would be much easier not to read her rubbish.

Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top