Join for free
Page 3 of 12 < 1 2 3 4 5 > Last »
Older git
Chatterbox
South Lincs
Older git is male  Older git has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-12-2016, 06:43 PM

Re: France

I loved France-but then my late wife spoke fluent French-oh yes and `argo`(slang) Sod the politics-nice food and nice wine nice folk-not so sure about the rich from Paris though
mei
Asia
mei is female  mei has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-12-2016, 06:51 PM

Originally Posted by marmaduke ->
Hey , I'm not speaking as some racist bigot ..... I'm simply saying what I believe will happen right or wrong the writing is on the wall

Lol Marmaduke no one said you posted as a racist bigot.
But it does seem that some people hate the French on this thread and maybe encourage French bashing?
APRICOT
Chatterbox
Suffolk UK
APRICOT is female  APRICOT has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-12-2016, 07:02 PM

Originally Posted by mei ->
Lol Marmaduke no one said you posted as a racist bigot.
But it does seem that some people hate the French on this thread and maybe encourage French bashing?
I don"t think people on this thread necessarily hate the French and encourage French Bashing. " As you put it".
marmaduke
uk ( Cheshire)
marmaduke is male  marmaduke has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-12-2016, 07:31 PM

Originally Posted by APRICOT ->
I don"t think people on this thread necessarily hate the French and encourage French Bashing. " As you put it".

I love France , heaven knows I spent long enough looking to buy a holiday home there , my ex whilst not speaking fluent French certainly wasn't far from it .... my kids love the country and I'm certainly not one for bashing the French ....however I am a realist and whilst no one wishes to see suffering be it from wars or poverty facts are facts as outlined i previous posts and the whole of North Africa simply can't all live in Europe .... throw in Islam and like it or not trouble is growing and having ignored cries for years I think now you are starting to see real backlash at the polls ..... again ignore growing sentiment , write EVERYONE off as racist or whatever at your peril as unless these valid points are addressed then in the NOT to distant future something is going to spark ...... and it has the capacity to spread right across Europe faster than any police car
marmaduke
uk ( Cheshire)
marmaduke is male  marmaduke has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-12-2016, 08:25 PM

What I saw was a typical propaganda from the Lepenist.

Not saying that France like any other E.U countries does not have any problem integrating all its migrants ( many of whom by the way go to go the the U.K).

And don't we know it

France simply allowed sangette for years thinking 'ain't our monkey ' ...... so enough being enough we dicided to vote OUT ....that is nothing to do with liking /disliking the French but is too do with taking back control of our own nation from 27 others
mei
Asia
mei is female  mei has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-12-2016, 01:57 AM

Originally Posted by APRICOT ->
Oh this is good to know then, as this was definitely the feeling I got one entering the thread. .
mei
Asia

11-12-2016, 02:06 AM

I love France , heaven knows I spent long enough looking to buy a holiday home there , my ex whilst not speaking fluent French certainly wasn't far from it .... my kids love the country and I'm certainly not one for bashing the French ....however I am a realist and whilst no one wishes to see suffering be it from wars or poverty facts are facts as outlined i previous posts and the whole of North Africa simply can't all live in Europe .... throw in Islam and like it or not trouble is growing and having ignored cries for years I think now you are starting to see real backlash at the polls ..... again ignore growing sentiment , write EVERYONE off as racist or whatever at your peril as unless these valid points are addressed then in the NOT to distant future something is going to spark ...... and it has the capacity to spread right across Europe faster than any police car

This is precisely because Europe can not host so many refugees and because France decided it could not just stare at millions of innocent citizens being killed right in front of our eyes, with a clear conscience, that it decided that Syria was its monkey, as you put it ,and also because, as swimfeeder puts it, many western countries initiated all these wars in these countries.
mei
Asia

11-12-2016, 02:09 AM

And don't we know it

France simply allowed sangette for years thinking 'ain't our monkey ' ...... so enough being enough we dicided to vote OUT ....that is nothing to do with liking /disliking the French but is too do with taking back control of our own nation from 27 others

marmaduke I still have to figure out what your vote has to do with France and the O.P?
Bruce
Chatterbox
Wollongong, Australia
Bruce is male  Bruce has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-12-2016, 04:57 AM

It does seem a wise choice to me for France to extend the State of Emergency and stay on high vigilance. As long as France is fighting Isis/Daesh in order for Syrian civilians to be able to go back home safely it will no doubt be under the threat of terrorism.

Kuddos to the French for staying true to themselves and sticking to their values.
Keeping their national identity by refusing burqas and radical Islam.
Fighting Isis .
Keeping a brave face in adversity and in spite of so many deadly terrorist attacks being able to differentiate and integrate millions of Muslim French from radical terrorists.
Refusing to grow anger, revenge and bitterness that would have turned into racism and Islamaphobia.
Refreshing to see another opinion other than that of the xenophobes in the North Sea

mei
Asia

11-12-2016, 02:35 PM

Thanks for the video Bruce it was very informative.

Page 3 of 12 < 1 2 3 4 5 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top