Join for free
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >
marmaduke
uk ( Cheshire)
marmaduke is male  marmaduke has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-12-2016, 08:47 AM

Re: A bit of a fuss.

THE are a selective breed ,a sub species if you like amongst the British who will complain about anything and everything ..... smiling police .... grumpy police ... Jeremy clarkson .....name your poison as someone will moan , they actively hunt things out to moan about , even in forums we see folk go out of their way to join a thread with nothing to say other than to moan it's too long or too short .... or it's boring or it's ( insert anything ) but the fact is be it smiling or not life has changed so much these past years as the enemy is now a home grown friend /neighbor/son who wishes to do each and everyone harm in their making of a world they want to impose on each and everyone of us
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-12-2016, 08:57 AM

The complainers have always been there, its just the reasons to complain and the size of the audience to complain to, have increased considerably in recent years.
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!
Silver Tabby is female  Silver Tabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-12-2016, 09:16 AM

While I do not like the idea of armed forces - police or otherwise - having to patrol our streets, I think this is a lovely photograph.

Perhaps we should feel sorry for those who complain about it as they obviously have nothing interesting in their sad little lives !!
marmaduke
uk ( Cheshire)
marmaduke is male  marmaduke has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-12-2016, 09:19 AM

Classic example , last year BMW released a tv advert and being a sporty type car it dared to show the rev counter followed by the car driven around a bend .... 9 people wrote in to complain .... yes NINE people out of a population of 68,000,000 .... and the advertising watchdog ( another group of PC old farts ) did indeed ban the advert ...... what a country we live in today
I used to own a ski boat and would be found most weekends on lake Windermere .... incase you didn't realise Windermere is the only lake in England that allows 'powered craft ' and as such was used a lot by people having a thing called 'fun' ..... no accidents deaths injuries ..... nothing but a group of old farts a little like the remoaners group took it upon themselves to get a speed limit imposed of 10 knots ...... still in place to this day ..... Windermere the town estimates it lost £10m year ..... all because ethyl didn't like the noise of a boat ...... complainers , I'm convinced there is a growing element of bored pensioners who will scour anything and everything in the hope of finding something to moan about ..... and heaven forbid a policeman smiling and he was carrying a firearm too ...... OMG ..... death and destruction , total carnage .... did no one realise a smile could wipe out an entire town ? A BMW should not show bends in tv adverts ...... some old farts deserve shooting if only to let the rest of the world live in peace
Twink55
Chatterbox
Cheshire, England
Twink55 is female  Twink55 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-12-2016, 10:32 AM

Originally Posted by marmaduke ->
Classic example , last year BMW released a tv advert and being a sporty type car it dared to show the rev counter followed by the car driven around a bend .... 9 people wrote in to complain .... yes NINE people out of a population of 68,000,000 .... and the advertising watchdog ( another group of PC old farts ) did indeed ban the advert ...... what a country we live in today
I used to own a ski boat and would be found most weekends on lake Windermere .... incase you didn't realise Windermere is the only lake in England that allows 'powered craft ' and as such was used a lot by people having a thing called 'fun' ..... no accidents deaths injuries ..... nothing but a group of old farts a little like the remoaners group took it upon themselves to get a speed limit imposed of 10 knots ...... still in place to this day ..... Windermere the town estimates it lost £10m year ..... all because ethyl didn't like the noise of a boat ...... complainers , I'm convinced there is a growing element of bored pensioners who will scour anything and everything in the hope of finding something to moan about ..... and heaven forbid a policeman smiling and he was carrying a firearm too ...... OMG ..... death and destruction , total carnage .... did no one realise a smile could wipe out an entire town ? A BMW should not show bends in tv adverts ...... some old farts deserve shooting if only to let the rest of the world live in peace
Are you aware marmaduke, that your post sounds like it was written by an old fart complaining!
marmaduke
uk ( Cheshire)

13-12-2016, 10:37 AM

the old fart bit fits , will hold my hands up to that charge m'lady
Twink55
Chatterbox
Cheshire, England
Twink55 is female  Twink55 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-12-2016, 10:44 AM

Originally Posted by marmaduke ->
the old fart bit fits , will hold my hands up to that charge m'lady
I was only joking.
Nom
Chatterbox
Northumberland
Nom is male  Nom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-12-2016, 10:50 AM

Originally Posted by Uncle Joe ->
Hmmmm - could that be the smell of sausages, burgers and curry cooking from the Xmas market???
Kangaroo burgers too UJ, I was tempted.
marmaduke
uk ( Cheshire)

13-12-2016, 10:57 AM

Originally Posted by Twink55 ->
I was only joking.

I know you were joking but sadly the mirror never lies
Nom
Chatterbox
Northumberland
Nom is male  Nom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-12-2016, 10:58 AM

I think, aa lot of those who are unhappy about the visibility of armed police on our streets have two concerns.

First by and large we have been untouched by events that have happened further down the country, so its new in its impact on our way of life.

Secondly its seen as a backdoor reason to the Americanisation of our Police, and the impact on our way of life.

Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top