Join for free
Page 3 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >
susiejaeger
Chatterbox
Essex, UK
susiejaeger is female  susiejaeger has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-12-2016, 07:41 AM

Re: Looking for friendship

Carol, do you get flooding in Ottery St Mary?
EZ Rider
Chatterbox
Surrey
EZ Rider is male  EZ Rider has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-12-2016, 07:45 AM

Hi and welcome Carolc from me. Temporarily in New Zealand but normally from Kent.
Carolc
New Member!
Devon Uk
Carolc is female 

16-12-2016, 08:57 AM

Yes sometimes that can happen
summer
Chatterbox
yorkshire
summer is female  summer has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-12-2016, 09:55 AM

Welcome Carol, I have pals who moved to Devon a few years ago just near Brixham they are still known as grocals but they love it there.
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-12-2016, 10:43 AM

Hello Carol and welcome to the forum......I've got some good memories of Devon....
Back in 1968 I was on holiday in Bideford and met the love of my life. We spent the whole fortnight walking along the beach, swimming and eating fine cuisine in posh restaurants, I was eighteen and she was seventeen. The holiday finally came to an end and I had the long drive back to South Yorkshire. There were no motorways in those days and it was a twelve hour drive. I returned to work as an apprentice engineer, but I pined for my lost love. I couldn't eat, I couldn't sleep, so after two days I made the arduous drive back to Devon to run away with my sweetheart. I arrived at her house but she had already left for work and her mother invited me in, and over a hot mug of tea she explained that I should not throw my career away with this half baked idea. She suggested that after my apprenticeship was complete I should return to sweep her daughter off her feet and live happily ever after.....

Her words made sense, and without seeing my lovely Christine [that was her name] I returned home and received a good talking to off my Dad for being stupid......
We wrote to each other often, but the miles beat us in the end and Mrs Fox came along shortly after, so thinking about the saying 'A bird in the hand is worth two in the bush' I married Mrs Fox.....But I still think about Christine and wonder what she is doing now.....Anyway, that's enough about me......I hope you enjoy it here on the forum.....
PS:- there was some more but I'll leave it until another day....
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-12-2016, 10:46 AM

Oh Foxy, you've got me blubbing . .
I expect she still thinks of you sometimes too. x
Tiffany
Chatterbox
Devon
Tiffany is female  Tiffany has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-12-2016, 11:41 AM

OldGreyFox, Mups, I think we all wonder about our first loves as years go by, I know I do.
Twink55
Chatterbox
Cheshire, England
Twink55 is female  Twink55 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-12-2016, 02:38 PM

Originally Posted by Tiffany ->
OldGreyFox, Mups, I think we all wonder about our first loves as years go by, I know I do.
Have none of you tried to contact them, maybe on Friends reunited? I think it is lovely to hear what happened to people from your past.
May
Chatterbox
SCOTLAND
May is female  May has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-12-2016, 02:45 PM

Originally Posted by Tiffany ->
...I don't...I Married Him when I was 18 and divorced Him 6 yrs later

I see We're still on the 'introductions' thread,maybe You should start a new one Tiffany about first loves?
Tiffany
Chatterbox
Devon
Tiffany is female  Tiffany has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-12-2016, 04:07 PM

OldGreyFox should start it, it was his post that mentioned old loves first.

Page 3 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top