Join for free
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Bruce
Chatterbox
Wollongong, Australia
Bruce is male  Bruce has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-12-2016, 10:57 PM

Re: Now ive heard it all

We've all heard it before. One thing you can guarantee about Christmas each year there will be a silly beat up about an organisation banning the word "Christmas" or signs that only say "Wishing you a Happy Holiday" or something similar. (It's replaced the Christmas beer strike as an inevitable part of the season)

It's a nonsense, even better there is always someone to spread the discordant news of one incident in millions of non incidents, most people of whatever ethnic or religious upbringing like Christmas and enjoy it.
Pumicestone
Australia
Pumicestone is male  Pumicestone has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-12-2016, 01:15 AM

Trust an Aussie to separate the wheat from the chaff, cut to the chase, see the wood for the trees
(and all those other cliches).
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-12-2016, 12:36 AM

Originally Posted by JBR ->
Well they'd better be careful, at least in this country, as Christians come pretty much at the bottom of the pecking order these days! Something which, despite my being an atheist, I deplore.
Believe it or not I went to a carol service in the village church las week and it was so quintessentially English I thought I had gone back in time.
Little church ,endearing children carols of which everyone knew the words .
Mulled wine mince pies .
Middle England in the Cotswolds.
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-12-2016, 12:42 AM

Originally Posted by Muddy ->
Believe it or not I went to a carol service in the village church las week and it was so quintessentially English I thought I had gone back in time.
Mulled wine mince pies .
Ah yes, how things used to be everywhere. Try finding something like that in many inner city areas today!
zuludog
N E Lancashire
zuludog is male  zuludog has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-12-2016, 02:51 PM

Originally Posted by Muddy ->
Mulled wine mince pies .

Arghhhh!!!
We can't have that! Send in the Politically Correct Police immediately!
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-12-2016, 02:56 PM

Originally Posted by zuludog ->
Arghhhh!!!
We can't have that! Send in the Politically Correct Police immediately!
Yes. It might offend someone.
ruthio
Chatterbox
Southern UK
ruthio is female  ruthio has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-12-2016, 02:58 PM

Originally Posted by Bruce ->
We've all heard it before. One thing you can guarantee about Christmas each year there will be a silly beat up about an organisation banning the word "Christmas" or signs that only say "Wishing you a Happy Holiday" or something similar. (It's replaced the Christmas beer strike as an inevitable part of the season)

It's a nonsense, even better there is always someone to spread the discordant news of one incident in millions of non incidents, most people of whatever ethnic or religious upbringing like Christmas and enjoy it.
Originally Posted by Pumicestone ->
Trust an Aussie to separate the wheat from the chaff, cut to the chase, see the wood for the trees
(and all those other cliches).
Hurrah!!!

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top