Join for free
Page 2 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 > Last »
Tpin
Chatterbox
UK
Tpin is male  Tpin has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-12-2016, 12:00 PM

Re: Disability Benefit cuts

I suppose the grey area is deciding on how disabled those people are.

Let's be honest....there's disabled that can work and disabled that can't.

Those that cannot work should get all the help that is needed.
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-12-2016, 12:03 PM

The way I see it is there are disabled people who can get a job and others who can't, I have a friend not so disabled she couldn't work but getting an employer to take her on just isn't happening, they don't want a woman with tourrettes.

So make employers take them on or pay them a reasonable amount of benefit so they can live.
Tpin
Chatterbox
UK
Tpin is male  Tpin has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-12-2016, 12:14 PM

Originally Posted by Julie1962 ->
The way I see it is there are disabled people who can get a job and others who can't, I have a friend not so disabled she couldn't work but getting an employer to take her on just isn't happening, they don't want a woman with tourrettes.

So make employers take them on or pay them a reasonable amount of benefit so they can live.
Tourettes isn't so simple.....some sufferers have a tick and some swear and there are many symptoms in between.

It all depends on which she has and what jibs she's applying for.
For instance you cant make a call centre boss take on someone that swears all the time.

Thenvwe have ott Health and Safety laws rule out some disabilities.
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-12-2016, 12:26 PM

She has it pretty bad tpin I wouldn't want to work with her if woud be too dangerous, but that's not how she's been judged as she is now having to look for work, no one wants her, would have been better to recognise that IMO.
susan m
DORSET UK
susan m is female  susan m has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-12-2016, 12:34 PM

Thanks UJ for offer to help J with appeal.

Now this annoys me , a 25 yr old lad who has slow learning abilities and ME , yet rides a motorbike , decorates , cleans cars and much more gets his new PIP payment of over £600 a month . His girlfriend who has a bad back gets £2000 a month as she also has 3 children (not his) she also has a paid for car . I know this to be true as I'm friends with his mum . They both have paid for house , holiday abroad 3 times a year and laugh at the system . These two will be cared for for the rest of their life's and they are both now 25 . Even his mum thinks it's just too easy for them .

In my eyes this lad could work , even part time , jve seen him digging the garden , climbing ladders yet he gets full payment . His girlfriend may have a bad back but I know many who are worse health wise .

It's all very wrong
Tpin
Chatterbox
UK

16-12-2016, 12:37 PM

She has it pretty bad tpin I wouldn't want to work with her if woud be too dangerous, but that's not how she's been judged as she is now having to look for work, no one wants her, would have been better to recognise that IMO.
There lies the problem....identifying the level of disabilty, its impact on the sufferer and also employers.

Then there's whether the person should qualify for disability benefits or unemployment.

Then theres the flip side.
I know of a guy that was being chased by the police as they suspected him of drink driving.....he took a short cut across a golf course which resulted in him crashing.

He's not worked a day since(injured back) he gets dla and mobility yet he has made a tidy bit of money doing gardening on the side and plays the odd game of golf.

His accident was about 30 years ago.

Aint fair, is it.
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey

16-12-2016, 03:10 PM

What about life is ever fair ? Fair woud be providing proper care for everyone.
Tpin
Chatterbox
UK

16-12-2016, 03:26 PM

What about life is ever fair ? Fair woud be providing proper care for everyone.
Ohhhhhh no........that'd open the floodgates for the workshy and professional scroungers.........wait a minute.......they already are.
Uncle Joe
Chatterbox
Brighton UK
Uncle Joe is male  Uncle Joe has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-12-2016, 09:05 AM

'Nasty party' are at it again - witholding vital evidence (which presumably they regard as inconvenient) from one of their own 'experts' conducting a review of the Work capability assessments. Just shows how despicable the 'nasty party' really are!!!

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk...-a7500731.html
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey

30-12-2016, 10:02 AM

Originally Posted by Uncle Joe ->
'Nasty party' are at it again - witholding vital evidence (which presumably they regard as inconvenient) from one of their own 'experts' conducting a review of the Work capability assessments. Just shows how despicable the 'nasty party' really are!!!

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk...-a7500731.html
Awful, but I wonder if on some level they feel shamed ? Ids clearly after presiding over a dreadful period of cuts could no longer justify it to himself. Look at his eyes now he looks haunted.

Page 2 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top