Join for free
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 > Last »
marmaduke
uk ( Cheshire)
marmaduke is male  marmaduke has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-12-2016, 05:53 PM

Careful what you wish for

I do wish TM would give queen Nicola a referendum tomorrow and shut the one trip pony up once and for all ,possibly there is an argument to be had that England wales and Ireland were to be included and have their vote toosince it would be a break up of the union !

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk...-a7483926.html

Nicola Sturgeon
Scotland will hold a new referendum on separation from the UK unless it can stay in the European Union single market, Nicola Sturgeon will warn this week, adding to the pressure on Theresa May as the UK prime minister draws up plans for Brexit.

Scottish First Minister Sturgeon will detail proposals for a new arrangement with the UK to enable her country to remain inside the single market area after Brexit, even if the London government pulls England out. Voters in Scotland chose to stay in the EU in June’s referendum and now face being pulled out against their wishes by votes cast in England, she said in an commentary published in the Financial Times on Sunday.

“It remains my view, and that of the government I lead, that the best option for Scotland remains full membership of the EU as an independent member state,” Sturgeon said. “Independence must remain an option for safeguarding our European status, if it becomes clear that our interests cannot be protected in any other way
Tpin
Chatterbox
UK
Tpin is male  Tpin has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-12-2016, 06:10 PM

Re: Careful what you wish for

Sturgeon=Bottom feeder
shropshiregirl
Chatterbox
Shropshire
shropshiregirl is female  shropshiregirl has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-12-2016, 09:27 PM

The women is impossible!.

I would love her to get her wish to have a referendum of the Scottish electorate as to whether Scotland should opt out of Brexit. Something tells me she would be in for a flippin shock.

The Scottish people are not stupid. I can't help feeling that many voted to remain because they too thought it was definite that Remain would romp home in the referendum.

Now however, it is an entirely different scenario. We voted to leave and leaving we are. Now if she has her way and a vote is taken in Scotland, it would be a stark, scary vote to decide the rest of their lives, whether to come with us and gain independence from the boot of the EU or vote not to come with us, knowing that they haven't got a cat in hell's chance of being accepted into the EU as a separate country. Another Greece? No Thank you is what they will get from Brussels. Next step? doesn't bear thinking about.

But go ahead Nicola, continue with your quest for a separate Scotland. Like the millions who voted in the rest of the UK, I think you will see that the canny Scots will see you end up being bitten on the bum.
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-12-2016, 11:08 PM

Before Scotland can possibly remain as an EU member country it must become independent from the rest of the UK, so the first necessity is for Scotland (and the rest of us) to have another Scottish independence referendum.

The trouble is that, for the fish woman, this would result in a lose-lose outcome.

If the proposed Scottish independence referendum should result in a vote to remain part of the UK (although I suspect that most English people would vote to get rid of them!), the fish woman would have rather a lot of egg on her face.

If, on the other hand, independence wins the vote, her next problem would be that the EU doesn't want Scotland on the grounds that it would be a millstone around its neck. So what would she do then?

A bit of a quandary for her, as without the Barnett formula handouts from England, Scotland would be an economic basket case.

I shudder to think that Scotland might then become a bottomless pit recipient of our generous foreign aid!
Realist
Chatterbox
UK
Realist is male  Realist has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-12-2016, 11:47 AM

Scotland is a Freemasonic country with its own wing of freemasonry, the Scottish Rite. There are over 600 lodges there and hundreds of thousands of masons. It should come as no surprise that Scotland voted to stay with the NWO EU Federal State.
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-12-2016, 01:12 PM

Originally Posted by Realist ->
Scotland is a Freemasonic country with its own wing of freemasonry, the Scottish Rite. There are over 600 lodges there and hundreds of thousands of masons. It should come as no surprise that Scotland voted to stay with the NWO EU Federal State.
Then let them stay, I say, and build a new, bigger and better Hadrian's wall.
Flicker
France
Flicker is female  Flicker has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-12-2016, 10:38 AM

The Scot are a canny lot who believe in democracy.
Morticia
Chatterbox
England
Morticia is female  Morticia has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-12-2016, 04:10 PM

You have an odd notion of what constitutes democracy.

Sturgeon clearly doesn't comprehend the meaning .... the British voted for Brexit and yet she's harping on about Scotland's place in the EU ... not in Britain.

And that's before the Barnet formula is even mentioned .. And the 'West Lothian agreement' has to be most undemocratic set-up there is ... as in the English do not have their own Parliament. But the Scots do.

I wish I could say I was pleased to see you back. But I don't like to fib so shall just emit a big wistful sigh.
I never thought getting rid of the stench of the EU would be so hard.
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK

21-12-2016, 04:26 PM

Originally Posted by Morticia ->
You have an odd notion of what constitutes democracy.

Sturgeon clearly doesn't comprehend the meaning .... the British voted for Brexit and yet she's harping on about Scotland's place in the EU ... not in Britain.

And that's before the Barnet formula is even mentioned .. And the 'West Lothian agreement' has to be most undemocratic set-up there is ... as in the English do not have their own Parliament. But the Scots do.

I wish I could say I was pleased to see you back. But I don't like to fib so shall just emit a big wistful sigh.
I never thought getting rid of the stench of the EU would be so hard.
shropshiregirl
Chatterbox
Shropshire
shropshiregirl is female  shropshiregirl has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-12-2016, 05:04 PM

Originally Posted by Flicker ->
The Scot are a canny lot who believe in democracy.

Flicker, I appreciate this has nothing to do with this topic but your comment above left me open-mouthed. I just have to say that It's a shame you cannot bestow the same respect to the 17 million Brexit voters who share the same feeling of belief in democracy by leaving from under the boot of the EU.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top