Join for free
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
shropshiregirl
Chatterbox
Shropshire
shropshiregirl is female  shropshiregirl has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-12-2016, 04:52 PM

Sgt Blackman refused Bail!!

Disgraceful! the Lord Chief Justice has refused Sgt Blackman bail pending his next appeal against the guilty verdict for murdering an injured enemy on the battlefield.

It looks as though we have idiots serving in our Justice system just as bad as the ECHR!!

When one thinks of the criminals that have walked out of court and yet this man who is no danger to anyone has to languish in his cell until the next appeal. Words fail me.
marmaduke
uk ( Cheshire)
marmaduke is male  marmaduke has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-12-2016, 04:55 PM

Re: Sgt Blackman refused Bail!!

Words fail me seriously pissed off
Silbee
Wales ... aka God's pocket.
Silbee is female  Silbee has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-12-2016, 04:55 PM

Slack jawed with disbelief ...
Tpin
Chatterbox
UK
Tpin is male  Tpin has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-12-2016, 05:01 PM

Why should he be any different to other convicted murderers seeking an appeal?

If your average civvy was appealing to have his conviction lowered to a lesser charge of manslaughter and was given bail there'd be an outcry.

This doesn't mean I agree with his conviction, i dont, its just my opinion on bail. It's a decision I feel the judge had to make.
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-12-2016, 05:03 PM

I agree with tpin but also it may be for his own safety there have been threats made, I'd hate to see him allowed out only to be attacked on the street.
marmaduke
uk ( Cheshire)
marmaduke is male  marmaduke has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-12-2016, 05:18 PM

Depends if you consider it murder , I agree he shot him , technically he killed him ....
Now let's review the actuall facts , mitigating circumstances

The guy was in a fire fight and had indeed been engaged by an apache helicopter and amazingly was still alive ( only just ) .... the rest of the taliban dead they were doing ID checks on the bodies when they found him still technically alive but dying ..... so ??????

Options ....... call in a MERT team? That would mean bringing a chinook helicopter into what was a hot LZ at great risk to all concerned whilst tasking the MERT team that may well be needed elsewhere ..... and chances are the guy was going to die anyway as he had sustained heavy injuries that much was obvious ...... or do they leave him to die a slow painful death ? Or do they despatch him and 'out of his misery'?

Let's look at what happens if other way around ..... usually scrotum cut off and throat slit with genitals placed in own mouth , video/foto taken and placed on taliban web site as a victory ..... or we can talk about the downed pilot put in a cage and burnt alive or any other lust of barbaric atrocities in the name of war as seen daily in Aleppo even today ......
All sergeant Blackman did was to put a dying bit of shit out of his misery , save a MERT team response ....... the guy is not a murderer in my opinion and deserves no punishment whatsoever and certainly not any custodial sentence .

Here is a MERT team getting a lucky escape .... filmed as it just happened to have a tv crew onboard at the time......
to risk all these people for a dying taliban ??????
In my opinion sergeant Blackman did what in the real world was the best option for ALL CONCERNED

https://youtu.be/-xjbvz-vE2E
shropshiregirl
Chatterbox
Shropshire
shropshiregirl is female  shropshiregirl has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-12-2016, 05:19 PM

Tpin, the original guilty verdict was a travesty of justice. A murder charge should never have been on the cards to begin with. The thought that one single serviceman in the midst of battle should end up in court defies belief.
He should be at home with his wife and family looking forward to being with them at Christmas, instead, he will be returning to prison and a cell.
I just cannot believe it!

Julie. Sorry but that reason does not stand up. What is the difference with him being freed now and next year when it has already been said that he will regain his freedom.? If the threat of violence is the reason then it could happen anytime
I would be astounded if that reason was even mentioned as a cause to keep this poor man caged.
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-12-2016, 05:24 PM

Well when he does get out I'm hoping he's kept safe, I think the judge is doing his bit it's all he can do.
Tpin
Chatterbox
UK
Tpin is male  Tpin has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-12-2016, 05:24 PM

Originally Posted by shropshiregirl ->
Tpin, the original guilty verdict was a travesty of justice. A murder charge should never have been on the cards to begin with. The thought that one single serviceman in the midst of battle should end up in court defies belief.
He should be at home with his wife and family looking forward to being with them at Christmas, instead, he will be returning to prison and a cell.
I just cannot believe it!

Julie. Sorry but that reason does not stand up. What is the difference with him being freed now and next year when it has already been said that he will regain his freedom.? If the threat of violence is the reason then it could happen anytime.
I agree.....I'm on his side.....always have been.

im being the devil's advocate........I think the judges hands were tied.
shropshiregirl
Chatterbox
Shropshire

21-12-2016, 05:28 PM

I haven't yet heard the reason why Justice Thomas refused him bail, has anyone else?

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top