Join for free
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >
marmaduke
uk ( Cheshire)
marmaduke is male  marmaduke has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-12-2016, 05:32 PM

Re: Sgt Blackman refused Bail!!

They say never judge a man until you have walked in his shoes ...... yet to meet a lawyer or a judge who could fill a soldiers boots

Easy to apply the law sat in a comfy lawyers office years after the event but to sentence a man for actions on the battlefield by judges that in reality have neither the understanding nor balls to see for themselves ......

Justice has not been done ,simply Islamic appeasement at its most gross !
Tpin
Chatterbox
UK
Tpin is male  Tpin has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-12-2016, 05:40 PM

The prisons are full of people convicted by their phones.
what a silly mistake.......a very expensive one.
marmaduke
uk ( Cheshire)
marmaduke is male  marmaduke has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-12-2016, 05:43 PM

Originally Posted by Tpin ->
The prisons are full of people convicted by their phones.
what a silly mistake.......a very expensive one.

Strange you mention this fact as that was the first thing I said when this incident came to light..... years afterwards , was some little shit looking through old helmet cam footage and instead of simply disposing of it and burying it forever ....... whoever found it made an issue of it hence the mess we see today , I pray daily the person gets his karma !!!!!!
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-12-2016, 05:46 PM

Originally Posted by Julie1962 ->
Well when he does get out I'm hoping he's kept safe, I think the judge is doing his bit it's all he can do.
I don't think that is the judges reasoning at all.
He will be safe why should he not be ?
One Taliban less in the world.
marmaduke
uk ( Cheshire)

21-12-2016, 05:49 PM

Murder appeal ex-marine Alexander Blackman refused bail http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-38397205

Ex-Royal Marine Alexander Blackman, who is serving life for the murder of an Afghan fighter, has been refused bail ahead of an appeal.
He was sentenced to life by a court martial in 2013 and had an appeal dismissed in 2014.
But the case of the 42-year-old from Taunton is due to be heard by the Court Martial Appeal Court for a second time next year.
On Wednesday, his request to be bailed until the hearing was refused.
Blackman watched the court proceedings in London via video link from jail.
His wife, Claire, was in the courtroom along with a number of his supporters

Speaking outside the court after the ruling, Mrs Blackman said: "We are obviously disappointed by the judges' decision not to grant bail this afternoon.
"However we must remember that earlier this month the Criminal Cases Review Commission decided to refer the case back to the Appeal Courts and this is the most important step towards getting Al's conviction and sentence overturned.
"We are grateful to the courts for expediting the appeal process."
Shot at close range
The killing, on 15 September 2011, took place after a patrol base in Helmand province came under fire from two insurgents.
One of the attackers was seriously injured by gunfire from an Apache helicopter sent to provide air support, and the marines found him in a field.
Footage from a helmet-mounted camera of another marine in his unit showed Blackman shooting the Afghan prisoner in the chest at close range with a 9mm pistol
susan m
DORSET UK
susan m is female  susan m has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-12-2016, 07:27 PM

I thought about this for a long while , who ever filmed this obviously kept it for reasons known to himself , why ? Was his intention blackmail I wonder , and why so long afterwards release it .

QUOTE=marmaduke;1058546]Strange you mention this fact as that was the first thing I said when this incident came to light..... years afterwards , was some little shit looking through old helmet cam footage and instead of simply disposing of it and burying it forever ....... whoever found it made an issue of it hence the mess we see today , I pray daily the person gets his karma !!!!!![/QUOTE]
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-12-2016, 04:22 PM

There was someone speaking on his behalf on TV this morning who is 100% confident that the case will be overturned and the soldier freed. I hope this will be the case.
APRICOT
Chatterbox
Suffolk UK
APRICOT is female  APRICOT has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-12-2016, 06:41 PM

I think it is quite disgusting he is not allowed to be with his family for Christmas.
Frankly I get sick and tired of these judges , handing down sentences as if they are the total high mighty.
When in fact most of them are jumped up little twerps.
Plus there seems to be no rhyme or reason how these idiots arrive at their verdicts.
I have to say I feel really cross about this .
APRICOT
Chatterbox
Suffolk UK
APRICOT is female  APRICOT has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-12-2016, 06:42 PM

These men are putting their life on the line all the time , for us.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-12-2016, 07:58 PM

Originally Posted by APRICOT ->
I think it is quite disgusting he is not allowed to be with his family for Christmas.
Frankly I get sick and tired of these judges , handing down sentences as if they are the total high mighty.
When in fact most of them are jumped up little twerps.
Plus there seems to be no rhyme or reason how these idiots arrive at their verdicts.
I have to say I feel really cross about this .
I am surprised that anyone still joins the forces considering the crap they have to put up with.

Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top