Join for free
Page 2 of 9 < 1 2 3 4 > Last »
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-12-2016, 07:16 PM

Re: Why the EU is collapsing

Originally Posted by JBR ->
Not necessarily. I have read lots of sources where people have said we can leave when we want: just stop paying.

The 27 countries can then take as long as they want to agree what to do, whist in the meantime we can go ahead and trade with anyone that we want free of their rules.
I really hope that's so jbr.
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-12-2016, 07:25 PM

Originally Posted by Julie1962 ->
I really hope that's so jbr.
I'm absolutely convinced that it is so.

Theresa may insist that she's going slowly to get the best deal possible for the country, but at the same time we are still paying hand over fist for nothing.

I'm in favour of an immediate hard Brexit on the grounds that I believe the EU will come crawling back to us when they realise they have lost one of their best markets, along with such things as an excellent source of intelligence and security information.
Realist
Chatterbox
UK
Realist is male  Realist has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-12-2016, 10:13 PM

Indeed it is so. There are 4 ways to leave according to www.eutruth.org.uk which are:

1. The EU can pressure Britain to sign Article 50 of the Lisbon Treaty to get us out 2 years.

2. The British Parliament can simply repeal the six EU treaties, and should anyway. That gets us out immediately without involvement by the EU. Will those 454 MP’s implement the wishes of the people?

3. Declare the six treaties null and void under the British Constitution. Teresa May could do that on her own.

Our pro-EU MPs' are unlikely to it, so Britain's courts could do it. The entire EU project was always illegal under British law, which our government has broken with impunity.

However, judges these days are mainly freemasons, and senior freemasonry see the EU as the way to the all-controlling, one world dictatorship they have been striving for, for centuries. They break the law when it suits them. So great pressure needs to be put on them to be honest.

4. The Queen could declare all six treaties null and void. But she put her name to them, broke the remainder of her coronation oaths, committed high treason, and risked her life to do so, because the punishment at common law, under the Constitution, and under our treason laws, for undermining our nation’s sovereignty is still to hang by the neck until dead. They are a German family. So with commitment like that, she’s not likely to help.

Personally I favour both options 2 and 3. The British Constitution needs to be restored and properly underwritten so that corrupt Common Purpose politicians can never again subvert it. The EU treaties that have been pushed through by skulduggery and stealth do need to be repealed.

So yes, the UK can leave any time it wishes and at the same time could and should hold to account those who have betrayed the British Constitution and the people.
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-12-2016, 10:52 PM

Option 2, if the majority of MPs are willing to agree, which I have a feeling they will if they want to keep their seats in 2020.

Otherwise, Option 3.
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-12-2016, 09:06 AM

Theresa may insist that she's going slowly to get the best deal possible for the country, but at the same time we are still paying hand over fist for nothing.

I'm in favour of an immediate hard Brexit on the grounds that I believe the EU will come crawling back to us when they realise they have lost one of their best markets, along with such things as an excellent source of intelligence and security information.
Hi

I have to disagree.

The EU will not lose one of their best markets if we immediately have a Hard Brexit.

We would immediately revert to WTO Rules, that means Tariffs.

We have no way of collecting them, the EU has.

The EU will come crawling Back?

Nope, it will hurt them, but only 3% of the EU GDP is Exports to the UK, !3% of our GDP is Exports to the EU.

In simple terms it will hurt us 4 times as much as it will hurt them.

The second thing is this, we export more services to the EU than we do manufactured goods.

Services are not subject to WTO Rules.

So, we will lose the Tax from them, which is 8 times the amount of money that we pay the EU.

So the EU will not be short of money when we leave, they will be Billions better off.

The reality is this, we will not save a penny if we went for an immediate Hard Brexit, it will cost us.

The other thing is this, if we break International Treaties, we send a signal, we cannot be trusted, so who would want a Trade Deal with a Country who would break it without any notice?

There needs to be a sense of reality here.
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK

26-12-2016, 12:40 PM

I don't care what it costs us. I want us to leave. We've been subject to their diktats for 40 years now and that's more than enough.

I'd be happy not to buy or sell anything more to the EU. There is a much bigger world out there. The EU is going to collapse soon anyway. We need to get used to surviving on our own without them.
Flicker
France
Flicker is female  Flicker has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-12-2016, 12:41 PM

SF it doesn't matter how many times you tell them...they still think Santa is hiding something in his sack that will make it all Jerusalem.
Flicker
France
Flicker is female  Flicker has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-12-2016, 12:43 PM

I don't care what it costs us. I want us to leave. We've been subject to their diktats for 40 years now and that's more than enough.

I'd be happy not to buy or sell anything more to the EU. There is a much bigger world out there. The EU is going to collapse soon anyway. We need to get used to surviving on our own without them.
Is this your version of a daily prayer for deliverance?

Taken right out of the gospels according to the Daily Mail and the far right nationalist wish list.

You don't care what it costs you? YOU want to leave?

Is this the tenor of the New Britain? Irresponsible economics and a self centred starting point?

http://www.bbc.com/news/business-38090977

Value of wages will be less in 2021 than in 2008. It will be the less well off who will be worse off. The wealthy will do as well as ever.

Real average earnings - which factor in the rising cost of living - were forecast to rise by less than 5% between now and 2021. That forecast is 3.7% lower than was projected in March.
"Half of the wage growth projected for the next five years back in March is not now projected to happen. On these projections real wages will, remarkably, still be below their 2008 levels in 2021," Mr Johnson said.
"One cannot stress enough how dreadful that is - more than a decade without real earnings growth. We have certainly not seen a period remotely like it in the last 70 years."
The biggest impact on income in recent years, according to the IFS, has been felt by younger workers. Those aged 60 and over, in contrast, have seen living standards rise.

scot37
Aberdeenshire
scot37 is male  scot37 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-12-2016, 01:19 PM

Originally Posted by swimfeeders ->
Hi

I have to disagree.

The EU will not lose one of their best markets if we immediately have a Hard Brexit.

We would immediately revert to WTO Rules, that means Tariffs.

We have no way of collecting them, the EU has.

The EU will come crawling Back?

Nope, it will hurt them, but only 3% of the EU GDP is Exports to the UK, !3% of our GDP is Exports to the EU.

In simple terms it will hurt us 4 times as much as it will hurt them.

The second thing is this, we export more services to the EU than we do manufactured goods.

Services are not subject to WTO Rules.

So, we will lose the Tax from them, which is 8 times the amount of money that we pay the EU.

So the EU will not be short of money when we leave, they will be Billions better off.

The reality is this, we will not save a penny if we went for an immediate Hard Brexit, it will cost us.

The other thing is this, if we break International Treaties, we send a signal, we cannot be trusted, so who would want a Trade Deal with a Country who would break it without any notice?

There needs to be a sense of reality here.
You give a figure of 3% exports to UK from all the countries in the EU Swimfeeders. What are the figures from Germany and France? I read somewhere we export less than half of what we import from these countries. As I mentioned in another thread they are the main players.
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-12-2016, 01:22 PM

Hi

You may not care, but I do.

I do not want years more of deeper austerity than we already have.

There has to be a sense of reality here, we do not have the systems in place to collect the tariffs or to protect our own Borders, we need to get them in place before we leave.

We are already living on credit, we are still borrowing £70 billion a year, we cannot afford to borrow more

The objective of the exercise has to be to leave at the minimum possible cost and to develop new trade outlets to replace those we will lose as soon as possible.

If we simply stopped trading with the EU, there would be mass unemployment and a massive drop in tax income, which means massive austerity, not a very sensible thing to do.

The EU will not collapse anytime soon, certainly not within the next two years.

It will change as a result of Brexit, it is doing so already, but it will not collapse as a trading bloc.

Page 2 of 9 < 1 2 3 4 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top