Join for free
Page 3 of 9 < 1 2 3 4 5 > Last »
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-12-2016, 01:50 PM

Re: Why the EU is collapsing

Originally Posted by scot37 ->
You give a figure of 3% exports to UK from all the countries in the EU Swimfeeders. What are the figures from Germany and France? I read somewhere we export less than half of what we import from these countries. As I mentioned in another thread they are the main players.
Hi

I have no idea Scot, and to be honest, I don't think it matters.

What matters is the deal that our Politicians get and that will have to be with the whole of the EU.

What matters more to me are the practicalities of leaving.

It is my view that we need to get our systems and infrastructure in place before we leave.

We are a major importer from the EU, we need to be able to collect the tariffs from them , we are not yet in a position to do so.
scot37
Aberdeenshire
scot37 is male  scot37 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-12-2016, 02:16 PM

Originally Posted by swimfeeders ->
Hi

I have no idea Scot, and to be honest, I don't think it matters.

What matters is the deal that our Politicians get and that will have to be with the whole of the EU.

What matters more to me are the practicalities of leaving.

It is my view that we need to get our systems and infrastructure in place before we leave.

We are a major importer from the EU, we need to be able to collect the tariffs from them , we are not yet in a position to do so.
We have over two years to get something in place. When replying to one of Flickers posts in another thread I pointed out we are France and Germany's third biggest export market, the United States being number one.
http://atlas.media.mit.edu/en/profile/country/deu/
http://atlas.media.mit.edu/en/profile/country/fra/
As you can see from the figures French and German imports from the UK are small in comparison.
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-12-2016, 02:34 PM

Originally Posted by scot37 ->
We have over two years to get something in place. When replying to one of Flickers posts in another thread I pointed out we are France and Germany's third biggest export market, the United States being number one.
http://atlas.media.mit.edu/en/profile/country/deu/
http://atlas.media.mit.edu/en/profile/country/fra/
As you can see from the figures French and German imports from the UK are small in comparison.
Hi

Your faith in our Politicians and Civil Servants is much greater than mine.
scot37
Aberdeenshire
scot37 is male  scot37 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-12-2016, 02:40 PM

Originally Posted by swimfeeders ->
Hi

Your faith in our Politicians and Civil Servants is much greater than mine.
But with these figures in mind the Germans and French with their clout will have a strong say in the negotiations.
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-12-2016, 03:27 PM

Originally Posted by Flicker ->
Is this your version of a daily prayer for deliverance?

Taken right out of the gospels according to the Daily Mail and the far right nationalist wish list.

You don't care what it costs you? YOU want to leave?

Is this the tenor of the New Britain? Irresponsible economics and a self centred starting point?

http://www.bbc.com/news/business-38090977

Value of wages will be less in 2021 than in 2008. It will be the less well off who will be worse off. The wealthy will do as well as ever.

Real average earnings - which factor in the rising cost of living - were forecast to rise by less than 5% between now and 2021. That forecast is 3.7% lower than was projected in March.
"Half of the wage growth projected for the next five years back in March is not now projected to happen. On these projections real wages will, remarkably, still be below their 2008 levels in 2021," Mr Johnson said.
"One cannot stress enough how dreadful that is - more than a decade without real earnings growth. We have certainly not seen a period remotely like it in the last 70 years."
The biggest impact on income in recent years, according to the IFS, has been felt by younger workers. Those aged 60 and over, in contrast, have seen living standards rise.

You may have missed it but Eu had no plans to help us get our wages back up where they need to be so leaving won't be what causes us to keep them low. We need a huge change poitically and community wise in this country leaving Eu is just the beginning as far as I am concerned.
Flicker
France
Flicker is female  Flicker has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-12-2016, 01:26 PM

Why should the EU help you get your wages up?
The EU merely offers you the easy route to generating profit as a nation which in turn is translated into anything you as a country want...wages, investment, lower taxation.

Of course leaving will keep them low. If and when the UK starts to charge tariffs the country will have to keep process as low as possible in order to compete with the EU.
That means wages will be kept as low as possible.

In any case the UK will still be competing with low wages in other parts of the world. How does leaving the EU mean wages will go up?? The EU has no influence on what each country pays its population. That is why poorer countries have residents who go to richer countries...to work for higher wages relatively.
Morticia
Chatterbox
England
Morticia is female  Morticia has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-12-2016, 01:40 PM

Boy, I wish we could get that piece of propaganda printed off on thousands of flyers and hand them out to wannabee immigrants and refugees.
Tregonsee
Lancashire UK
Tregonsee is male  Tregonsee has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-12-2016, 01:53 PM

Originally Posted by Morticia ->
Boy, I wish we could get that piece of propaganda printed off on thousands of flyers and hand them out to wannabee immigrants and refugees.

So will the loss of freedom of movement matter to our youngsters?
Those who are going to high ranking jobs will go anyway.
Why would they want to go and be waiters in Poland etc for less money than they can earn here?
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-12-2016, 02:34 PM

Originally Posted by Flicker ->
Why should the EU help you get your wages up?
The EU merely offers you the easy route to generating profit as a nation which in turn is translated into anything you as a country want...wages, investment, lower taxation.

Of course leaving will keep them low. If and when the UK starts to charge tariffs the country will have to keep process as low as possible in order to compete with the EU.
That means wages will be kept as low as possible.

In any case the UK will still be competing with low wages in other parts of the world. How does leaving the EU mean wages will go up?? The EU has no influence on what each country pays its population. That is why poorer countries have residents who go to richer countries...to work for higher wages relatively.
They should have been making it more profitable for everyone within the club IMO they've damaged countries not made lives better, Greece, and others will tell you all about how eu is making their lives better. When you see us leave just wait others will follow others damaged beyond repair like Greece and the Eastern European countries decimated by free movement.
Flicker
France
Flicker is female  Flicker has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-12-2016, 03:20 PM

Julie the EU can only offer opportunities.
Each country does with them what it wants.
The EU had nothing to do with Greece's problems...they came from lax suppervision of tax revenues and local "corruption" (no receipts etc) plus a les than honest self assessment of its own finances. The EU does not
MAKE countries rich...it gives them an opening into a huge market in which to trade under similar conditions and also ensures that quality, humn rights, workers rights, women's rights are all the same.

if it had not been for the EU, Greece would have been very much poorer than it is and the Greek people far worse off.

Greece may flinch at the poverty they themselves caused but it would have been much the same in or out of the EU. It was the EU that gave assurances that loans would be repaid to non EU support plus chipped in a few quid itself.

The UK will not be better off, nor will low wages rise any faster. Rates of pay are defined by your own govt, by supply and
demand in jobs and in products.
Philip Hammond has already said austerity measures would continue at least until well after 2020.ie suppressed wages.
and what happens to wages depends very much on what competition the UK faces in the rest of the world in terms of price for traded goods after that.
It also depends on what interest rates do...if they go up in any significant way the govt will have to put up taxes , which puts pressure on incomes and/or businesses to pay off the interest.
You can forward plan your economy to some degree but a lot of it depend on what happens elsewhere.

Page 3 of 9 < 1 2 3 4 5 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top