Join for free
Page 2 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 > Last »
Silbee
Wales ... aka God's pocket.
Silbee is female  Silbee has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-12-2016, 10:54 PM

Re: The Biased Broadcasting Corporation

CNN: The Clinton News Network. They have done themselves irreparable harm.

BBC: The Bilderberg Broadcast Corporation. They are doing themselves irreparable harm.
Puddle Duck
Cheshire. UK
Puddle Duck is female  Puddle Duck has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-12-2016, 11:07 PM

Originally Posted by JBR ->
I'm afraid they are actually biased against Brexit.

Something to do with money being passed from one organisation to the other.
Ha , yep that's what I meant. Thanks
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-12-2016, 11:10 PM

I don't know about CNN but I accept that television networks, just like newspaper companies, are likely to have a political bias.

My gripe is that the BBC is supposed to be apolitical. It is funded by the government, partly through television licences mandatory for the right to watch any broadcast programmes, and also receives handouts from the EU so I believe.

If it cannot conduct its operations without ANY political bias, it should have NO public funding, full stop.
Tregonsee
Lancashire UK
Tregonsee is male  Tregonsee has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-12-2016, 01:23 AM

Ok the BBC allowed a pro Euro a stage.
If they also gave an anti Euro equal an equivalent stage then that's ok.

Sorry for the bad England. Blame moorehouses brewery.
Rhian
Chatterbox
North Wales
Rhian is female  Rhian has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-12-2016, 01:27 AM

Originally Posted by Tregonsee ->
Ok the BBC allowed a pro Euro a stage.
If they also gave an anti Euro equal an equivalent stage then that's ok.
I was about to post something similar Tregonsee..

But I bow to your superior posting mastery
Tregonsee
Lancashire UK
Tregonsee is male  Tregonsee has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-12-2016, 01:31 AM

Originally Posted by Rhian ->
I was about to post something similar Tregonsee..

But I bow to your superior posting mastery
Lol
galty
Chatterbox
rainham essex
galty is male  galty has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-12-2016, 07:08 AM

Originally Posted by Silbee ->
CNN: The Clinton News Network. They have done themselves irreparable harm.
Outed by Katie Hopkins.

A year ago she was sneered at by the Left and the BBC

They have shut their mouths since.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GRpTc_tKZhE
Devo
SW UK
Devo is male  Devo has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-12-2016, 08:47 AM

Ever since the referendum raised its ugly head the Express gave up all pretence of being a serious newspaper, if only in part. It is now a ridiculous, laughable propaganda sheet with only a tenuous grasp on reality and an obsessive preoccupation with anything brexit.
Do they really think everyone should sing from the same hymn sheet, all coerced but faithful worshippers in the national religion of Brexitism, where any heresy is hounded to death? Do they totally ignore the nearly half who did not happily vote leave, like turkeys voting for Christmas? A nearly half that is now almost certainly a fair bit more than half.
As far as I am aware, the vilified slot on Radio 4 is for personal comments and not official BBC policy (if such a thing actually exists). The comment in question broke no laws and so I cannot see what was wrong with it.
Time after time the BBC is accused of bias. That bias is a natural position for a balanced broadcaster when seen from the extremes. I sincerely how the BBC never feels the need to pander to those extremes and, in doing so, become a worthless tool of the state.
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-12-2016, 01:09 PM

Originally Posted by Devo ->
Ever since the referendum raised its ugly head the Express gave up all pretence of being a serious newspaper, if only in part.
Consider this. The Daily Express and the Daily Mail are followed by the majority of the population, whether you like it or not.

Consider this too. The majority of the population voted in favour of Brexit, whether you like it or not.

As for the BBC, it is well known that it is a left-leaning organisation (try watching Question Time, for example) and, more to the point, it receives funding from the EU. If you received regular financing from the EU, wouldn't you want that situation to continue? Of course you would.
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK

29-12-2016, 01:16 PM

In the full expectation of criticism of my statements above, I thought I'd google the question. This is what came up - plenty of reading material for those interested:

https://www.google.co.uk/#q=is+the+BBC+biased%3F

One extract at the end of the New Statesman report especially caught my eye:

"So the evidence from the research is clear. The BBC tends to reproduce a Conservative, Eurosceptic, pro-business version of the world, not a left-wing, anti-business agenda."

Immediately followed by this statement:

"The funding for some of the research discussed in this article was provided directly by the BBC Trust."

It might also be worth googling the question: Is the New Statesman biased?

Page 2 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top