Join for free
Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-01-2017, 12:41 AM

Re: I'm 60

Originally Posted by shitim60 ->
Thank you so much for the responses. Really useful. In particular I want to go to Dharamsala, so if anyone has any experiences of that town that would be great. I'm intending to go to the Dalia Lama area as well. The name, first I'm sorry if it offends anyone, I never swear, but I woke up one morning and realised I am 60 this year, I said, aloud, sh*t I'm 60. Hence the name.
Don't be daft! It takes a damned sight more than that to offend me, and I'm sure most of the other people on here feel the same way.

Personally, I just thought it was funny.
realspeed
Chatterbox
South coast
realspeed is male  realspeed has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-01-2017, 05:18 AM

Hi Rose and welcome from me as well

Strangely enough India is the last place on earth I would want to visit. maybe its because I can't stand the smell of curry that puts me off. Also I hate vaccinations ,needles scare he hell out of me and I have had enough of those recently in hospital

No doubt from pictures I have seen and the TV travel shows it is a beautiful country and I can undestand why people want to visit, it is just not for me.

Once you get the travel bug the more places you go to the more you want to see. Suppose I am fortunate, or through sheer hard work before I retired, my wife and I can afford a moderately comfortable way of seeing places.
For example Brazil is a really beautiful country BUT it is the inhabitants that make it , in my eyes, a dangerous country if going it alone. My son lives out there and we stay in D-in-Laws place right in the country in a gated community with armed guards at the entrance.

Having been to China the culture is so different having been there it is really interesting and we found the people most friendly.

Also the USA especially in the Yosemite national park is stunning as is walking through the redwood forest. A trip to see the space centre with the rockets and to go out to the launch sites is mind blowing. Alcatraza still has that hopelessness feel about it inside, must have been terrible for the inmates.

Where would I like to go? so many places yet to visit , the scandavian countries having recently been to Russia -latvia and othe baltic countries interest me as does Australia ( Bruce might get a shock if i turned up on his doorstep), i have a cousin in Sidney and new zealand a visit as well while out there.

Doing the carribbean thing this year for a couple of weeks as we have never been there yet, someone advised me to watch out for coconuts falling on my head.
Japan is also on the cards for the future seeing the temples being the main interest.

Already done the med cruise a couple of times and visited a lot of countries, well worth doing to see if a stay in one of then is worth it.
Did Tunisia for our honeymoon 45 years ago just as the country was opening up to the tourist trade.

Spain bored me to be honest no wish to go back there

Yes the travel bug definately grabs you by the hand and you want more and more.

So hope you enjoy your trip to India and don't forget to post a lost of photos on here for us to see.

Iguassu Falls Brazil/ Argentine border in November when we visited and the falls in full flood

shitim60
New Member!
UK
shitim60 is female 

04-01-2017, 10:33 PM

Gosh you have travelled. Brazil is sounding nice. I'll look into that one, thank you.
EZ Rider
Chatterbox
Surrey
EZ Rider is male  EZ Rider has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-01-2017, 11:24 PM

Hello and welcome Rose. A little late I suppose but I've just returned from New Zealand so i'm still feeling a little zombiefied after a twenty four hour flight.
shitim60
New Member!
UK
shitim60 is female 

06-01-2017, 08:37 PM

Thank you for the welcome, very much appreciated

Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top