Join for free
Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-01-2017, 09:44 PM

Re: What Happens?

Originally Posted by swimfeeders ->
Hi

I agree completely, no one is indispensable.

Except Tony Blair of course, he still thinks that he is.
If B Liar is such a fan of the EU, why doesn't he go and live there after we leave? In fact, why not go now?
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-01-2017, 09:46 PM

Originally Posted by Vaniy ->
The reason you should be concerned about Ex Pats Longdog is that if we are all kicked out (But I very much don't think that will happen) the majority are reasonably well off and so would rock up on your door step and buy up what little housing is still left making the property market for the first time buyer even more difficult and because we are aging put even more stress on the NHS
And you'd be welcome.

We'd just kick out foreigners on a one-for-one basis!
Rehab44
Chatterbox
Nil
Rehab44 is male  Rehab44 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-01-2017, 09:49 PM

I think he is pissed off because he wanted the EU Presidency now that we are leaving his dream has gone tits up

Edited..Re Blair
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK

05-01-2017, 09:53 PM

Originally Posted by Rehab44 ->
I think he is pissed off because he wanted the EU Presidency now that we are leaving his dream has gone tits up

Edited..Re Blair
That might explain this:

http://www.express.co.uk/news/uk/750...r&utm_campaign

I couldn't care less if he does, providing he spends his own money on it. He can afford it anyway.
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-01-2017, 10:40 PM

I'm beginning to think this all beggars belief, what sort of organisation has no exit strategy for participants, I've never joined anything before where they don't have a method for you to leave. Rules regulations etc stating how to go about it. Why are we to believe Eu has no way out ? Simply madness IMO.
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK

05-01-2017, 11:31 PM

Originally Posted by Julie1962 ->
I'm beginning to think this all beggars belief, what sort of organisation has no exit strategy for participants, I've never joined anything before where they don't have a method for you to leave. Rules regulations etc stating how to go about it. Why are we to believe Eu has no way out ? Simply madness IMO.
Ah but this is the EU. They don't like people leaving any more than Germany liked anyone leaving the Third Reich!
Bruce
Chatterbox
Wollongong, Australia
Bruce is male  Bruce has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-01-2017, 05:30 AM

One group rubbing their hands at Brexit are Australian residents on British pensions. For British pensioners who retire abroad, the world is split in two. Countries where UK pensions are indexed — where they rise automatically every year to keep up with inflation — and countries where they are not.

Australia is on the wrong side of that divide. UK pensions for British retirees living here are not "uprated", or indexed. British retirees living in Australia have UK pensions that never increase in value.

Britain's Department for Work and Pensions has consistently argued the cost for full indexing would be too great. It estimates it could cost 590 million pounds.

There have been high court challenges to this practice but it looks like Brexit might be the catalyst to change this state of affairs. Britain has indicated it wants trade agreements with Australia one of the matters for discussion will definitely be indexation of UK pensions.

The best thing for UK pensioners is that for every $1 of UK Pension they receive they only lose 50cents of Australian pension (our pension is means tested because the only qualification to receive it is to have been a resident for 10 years).
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-01-2017, 09:03 AM

Originally Posted by JBR ->
Unthinkable. When we leave we will not be subject to any rules imposed by the EU.

If we have been stupid enough to say that we will pay for this and pay for that, we should just inform the EU mandarins that we are leaving and we owe them nothing, never mind their generous pensions. In fact, it is the usual thing for employees' pensions to be paid by the employer, so let the EU pay their pensions.

We could even counter their claims by claiming a refund of all the money we have paid them to contribute our share of the building of their rather expensive premises.
Hi

You have a complete misunderstanding of International Law.

The EU has been providing us with services since we joined, we agreed to pay for these services, including ongoing commitments, such as Pensions.

We have two choices, we either honour these commitments or we default.

A default would cause a massive rise in our borrowing costs, far more than we pay the EU each year.

In addition to which, why would anyone want a Trade Agreement with us?

Not worth the problem as we have shown that we will rehage on any agreement at any time just because it suits us.
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK

06-01-2017, 11:30 AM

Originally Posted by swimfeeders ->
Hi

You have a complete misunderstanding of International Law.

The EU has been providing us with services since we joined, we agreed to pay for these services, including ongoing commitments, such as Pensions.

We have two choices, we either honour these commitments or we default.

A default would cause a massive rise in our borrowing costs, far more than we pay the EU each year.

In addition to which, why would anyone want a Trade Agreement with us?

Not worth the problem as we have shown that we will rehage on any agreement at any time just because it suits us.
Quite so. I don't understand a lot of things.

One thing that I have come to understand is that, having made the mistake of joining this corrupt organisation, we are destined to pay for it for ever.

Perhaps we should stay in and just wait for the whole thing to collapse, as I'm sure it will. At my time of life I don't think it will make any difference to me. I was just thinking about the future of the country as a whole, but at the end of the day the country can do what it wants. It is irrelevant to me on a personal level.

Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top