Join for free
Page 2 of 8 < 1 2 3 4 > Last »
summer
Chatterbox
yorkshire
summer is female  summer has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-01-2017, 11:47 AM

Re: News for the remainiacs

Why oh why did it change from a trading agreement to a political empire? Had it continued as a trading partnership we would all have benefited.
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-01-2017, 11:55 AM

Originally Posted by summer ->
Why oh why did it change from a trading agreement to a political empire? Had it continued as a trading partnership we would all have benefited.
Greed? World domination?
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-01-2017, 12:00 PM

Originally Posted by zuludog ->
Well now, it's just been reported that the bankers and economists admit they made a mistake in forecasting doom & gloom if the country voted Leave
If anything the opposite is true, as it has also been reported that Britain now has one of the strongest economies in the world

But this begs the question; was this a genuine mistake, albeit a major one, or was it a deliberate attempt to influence the outcome?
Trying to induce fear and influence the voters I would say
It might have worked on the young but not those of us with long memories who feel we were part of a big pretence
after we joined a trading group which turned out to be an exercise in power and creating a federal Europe.
summer
Chatterbox
yorkshire
summer is female  summer has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-01-2017, 12:07 PM

Originally Posted by Meg ->
Trying to induce fear and influence the voters I would say
It might have worked on the young but not those of us with long memories who feel we were part of a big pretence
after we joined a trading group which turned out to be an exercise in power and creating a federal Europe.
I agree Meg, I think even our own politicians at the time were fooled. It's evolved into its present state by political empire builders and I don't think we were ever truly part of it.
Flicker
France
Flicker is female  Flicker has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-01-2017, 12:40 PM

You don't really read the Express and take notice of it do you?
A good exercise in spin...this is the way it is reported elsewhere.

https://www.theguardian.com/world/20...populist-right

I see nothing wrong in remarking as outgoing Parliamentary head about what can be improved. That certainly does not mean the speech was an obituary.
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-01-2017, 03:35 PM

Originally Posted by summer ->
I agree Meg, I think even our own politicians at the time were fooled. It's evolved into its present state by political empire builders and I don't think we were ever truly part of it.
I'm not sure they were as innocent as you make them sound, not fooled but fully complicit IMO
Puddle Duck
Cheshire. UK
Puddle Duck is female  Puddle Duck has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-01-2017, 04:16 PM

Originally Posted by Flicker ->
You don't really read the Express and take notice of it do you?
A good exercise in spin...this is the way it is reported elsewhere.

https://www.theguardian.com/world/20...populist-right

I see nothing wrong in remarking as outgoing Parliamentary head about what can be improved. That certainly does not mean the speech was an obituary.
N.B. quote " Schulz’s intervention comes at a critical time for the EU, whose rotating presidency passed this week to Malta, its smallest state"

Considering Malta is part of the British Brexit decision, has this been manipulated for maximum effect against an easy withdrawal, as Maltese voted to stay in the EU ?

Just a thought !
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-01-2017, 04:27 PM

Originally Posted by Puddle Duck ->
N.B. quote " Schulz’s intervention comes at a critical time for the EU, whose rotating presidency passed this week to Malta, its smallest state"

Considering Malta is part of the British Brexit decision, has this been manipulated for maximum effect against an easy withdrawal, as Malta voted to stay in the EU ?

Just a thought !
Hi

No, no conspiracy, just part of the EU system.

The list

Malta: January-June 2017
Estonia: July-December 2017
Bulgaria: January-June 2018
Austria: July-December 2018
Romania: January-June 2019
Finland: July-December 2019
Croatia: January-June 2020
Germany: July-December 2020

Brexit is like a bad divorce, the lawyers and accountants will make a fortune.
Puddle Duck
Cheshire. UK
Puddle Duck is female  Puddle Duck has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-01-2017, 04:56 PM

Originally Posted by swimfeeders ->
Hi

No, no conspiracy, just part of the EU system.

The list

Malta: January-June 2017
Estonia: July-December 2017
Bulgaria: January-June 2018
Austria: July-December 2018
Romania: January-June 2019
Finland: July-December 2019
Croatia: January-June 2020
Germany: July-December 2020

Brexit is like a bad divorce, the lawyers and accountants will make a fortune.
Thank you, Swim. Actually it was on second thoughts after my previous post, that I realised it was a bit of a ludicrous idea. Sherlock Holmes is still in a job.
shropshiregirl
Chatterbox
Shropshire
shropshiregirl is female  shropshiregirl has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-01-2017, 05:07 PM

In my opinion Schultz was always part of the problem! Just note his comment about “Leaders of EU countries not explaining to their people why they had handed power over to Brussels” It says it all doesn’t it.?

As for his false humility statement saying how he has always kept his working-class roots by continuing to live in a working-class area. Don’t make me laugh!

This leech has been asking for more contributions from European and British taxpayers in order to fund his fat-cat lifestyle of a £227,000 salary, 2 Limousines, 2 Chauffeurs and 33 staff which consist of a spokesman, 5 press officers, 2 diary assistants and a speech writer. This vile man also has 2 ushers who dress in black tails to greet guests and fulfil other duties for him.

Even his fellow MEP's accused him of wasting public money on such extravagance. I'm sure even the Queen of Sheba didn't have half the personal staff he has! Two Jags had nothing on him!

Yes Mr Schultz, we British who you hold such disdain for, have indeed scared you enough to want to leave your lucrative lifestyle before the ship sinks. Good riddance!

Page 2 of 8 < 1 2 3 4 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top