Join for free
Page 1 of 23 1 2 3 11 > Last »
Robert Junior
Chatterbox
UK
Robert Junior is male  Robert Junior has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-01-2017, 08:50 AM

Is it right to break the law to bring relief to the ravages of chronic illness

Most days I stagger along the road using my sholleyor stick for balance to my local supermarket for a few items. This way I need not feel guilty when I see my health professional & relate my daily walk.
Anyway, there’s no need to pad this tale out I’ll keep to the point.
By the time I arrived at the checkout I was pooped & asked for assistance in packing my food into one of my recyclable Carrier bags (a competitor’s bag).
The cashier broke free from her friend with whom she had been laughing & chatting at length.
“I am very slow, I have Parkinson’s disease” I threw this in for added sym/me/pithy.
The cashier replied by saying she had friends with this awful condition & proceeded to do the hippy shake sat in her revolving chair. “Just like that”
“Have you tried wacky baccy?”
“My friend says it always works a treat, .try it dahlin”
Her friend still stood nearby. Chipped in with great nods of approval.

I paid up my items, and as no one came forward to supply me with this remedy I toddled on, pondering the pros and cons of breaking the law to ease my symptoms. Does the supposed relief of shaking etc justify breaking the law?

After all C. Dickens wrote “The law is a ass a idiot “(sic)

Having had PD for 23 years I take every opportunity to talk about this condition. It’s not all about the shaking. NO two people are the same, same goes for medication

Well meaning people tell me that a miracle cure has been found…….it hasn’t,
The Parkinsonism society is first rate, but they are still limited to treating the symptoms
Docholliday
Norfolk UK
Docholliday is male  Docholliday has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-01-2017, 09:00 AM

Re: Is it right to break the law to bring relief to the ravages of chronic illness

I myself would definately give it a go as i have heard it helps many. What right has anybody got to tell you your not allowed? After all your the one in agony Sod them give it a go if it means relief from your pain i would. Good luck.
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-01-2017, 09:16 AM

Re: Is it right to break the law to bring relief to the ravages of chronic illness

I agree with Doc, do whatever is required, just make sure you pay your Council Tax.
Moyra
South East Essex
Moyra is female  Moyra has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

I have heard it is very good for people suffering with various complaints, mainly MS and it certainly helps them so what do you have to loose. There are plenty of youngsters taking it without suffering from medical problems.
You can only try it. If you do not smoke then use it in a cake mix. Good luck.
Tpin
Chatterbox
UK
Tpin is male  Tpin has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

Go for it......it has many positives regarding medical illnesses.

My pal.'s wife has PD and had to use a lidded cup and it'd take her forever putting a jumper or coat on.......until she tried marijuana.

The difference is unbelievable. .....

The CPS wouldn't prosecute....they almost turn a blind eye nowadays.

There's nobody in prison for smoking weed
carol
Chatterbox
Derbyshire.
carol is female  carol has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-01-2017, 09:19 AM

In these circumstances I would go for it too.
The problem with me would be where to find it. I don't know any drug dealers...
tarantula
Chatterbox
UK
tarantula is female  tarantula has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-01-2017, 09:20 AM

People should ALWAYS be prosecuted for taking illegal drugs whatever the motive. I would certainly report someone to the police if I had evidence they were on illegal substances. Cannabis screws up the brain.
Nom
Chatterbox
Northumberland
Nom is male  Nom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-01-2017, 09:20 AM

I agree with all the above, you need to find out if it will benefit you.And as Tpin points out , i doubt the CPS would look unkindly upon you.
Twink55
Chatterbox
Cheshire, England
Twink55 is female  Twink55 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-01-2017, 09:23 AM

I am sorry to hear about your illness and feel that, if an illegal substance can help you, you may wish to try it.
The problem is, unless the substance comes from a reliable source, how can you be sure it is safe? If you are considering using it then I would suggest you do some research by speaking to people who do use it and establishing where they get it from ( 2 girls at the local shop are unlikely to know the pros and cons of using it unless they are ill and do themselves!).
I tend to think that you need to consider whether your life is so badly affected by your illness that it is worth taking the risks, which are a breaking the law ( not that important when you are suffering) and risking whether this stuff can do any further damage to your body.
I am no expert on things like this, but please be careful if you choose to take the risk.
Tpin
Chatterbox
UK
Tpin is male  Tpin has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-01-2017, 09:29 AM

Diane.......weed is weed.....theres no "unsafe" weed as in as far as it's grown/produced.
The only difference is quality and strength.

Page 1 of 23 1 2 3 11 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top