Join for free
Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-01-2017, 12:00 PM

Re: Good riddance to bad rubbish

My belief only mine, if someone has committed awful acts but when peace has been achieved, is then elected to represent their people we have to try to forgive and move on. It won't help peace in ni to continually look back at what has been done.

Would I be happier for only angels in political positions of power ? Of course but it's never going to happen especially in a place where people have been either at war or fighting violently for their point of view.

The worlds a messy place in that way we often have to deal with people make us shudder but if we want peace it has to be done.

I say that as a person nearly lost her beloved grandfather in the Guildford pub bombing, and who held her sobbing cousin when he came back from a military tour of NI.
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-01-2017, 01:02 PM

There is quite a lot of difference between angels and murderers.
shropshiregirl
Chatterbox
Shropshire
shropshiregirl is female  shropshiregirl has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-01-2017, 01:04 PM

Mcguiness and Adams make me shudder every time I see them on my television screen smiling,shaking hands with our politicians, taking their fat cat salaries but refusing to attend Parliament (no loss), knowing full well they will never be rid of the stain on their souls in the role they both played in the wholesale slaughter of many innocent people, starting with our troops (who are now on the receiving end of a witch hunt,) and the many innocent pub goers, shoppers and tourists both here and N.Ireland. The list is endless.

I find it hard to believe that Mcguiness will ever return, he does look ill. I only hope that peace remains in N.Ireland and the DUP and Sein Fein can work together. It defies belief that this resignation by Mcguiness is not over a new outbreak of violence but his claim that it is over a disastrous renewable energy scheme by the DUP costing the Irish taxpayers a further 1 billion pounds. Whereas the DUP are saying he has resigned because he is not getting his way of dragging up the past by putting our troops in the docks for what happened during the troubles.

Normally, I am not a vindictive person. If someone is genuinely ill, even if I dislike them I can always find some humanity in my heart to feel some sympathy for them, but not Mcguiness, and not Adams. I can never find it in my heart to forgive either of them.
He will not be missed. In my opinion they should both be languishing in a prison for life, not retiring with no doubt a fat pension. It just doesn't seem right.
Tpin
Chatterbox
UK
Tpin is male  Tpin has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-01-2017, 01:23 PM

Julie...

Try telling the parents of Tim Parry that.
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-01-2017, 02:28 PM

Originally Posted by Tpin ->
Julie...

Try telling the parents of Tim Parry that.
I would try to help them forgive tpin, it is incredibly hard to forgive for somethings but it doesn't hurt the man that we hate it just hurts us. That's a lesson I learned a while ago and it frees you to grieve and then remember the person for who they were not as a victim of a dreadful criminal act.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-01-2017, 02:35 PM

Originally Posted by Julie1962 ->
I would try to help them forgive tpin, it is incredibly hard to forgive for somethings but it doesn't hurt the man that we hate it just hurts us. That's a lesson I learned a while ago and it frees you to grieve and then remember the person for who they were not as a victim of a dreadful criminal act.
I know what you are saying Julie, how it's sometimes better to move on for the greater good but, we all have to be responsible for our actions and pay the price. His murders were not accidents or spur of the moment events. They were planned and lots of them. He should have been hanged IMO.
Tpin
Chatterbox
UK
Tpin is male  Tpin has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-01-2017, 04:08 PM

Breathe....1-2-3

Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-01-2017, 04:14 PM

Originally Posted by Tpin ->
Breathe....1-2-3

I'm sooooooo tempted to Photoshop that.
Tpin
Chatterbox
UK

11-01-2017, 04:27 PM

Go on.......Please.
fender
Chatterbox
SE England
fender is male  fender has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-01-2017, 10:11 PM

Originally Posted by Longdogs ->
I know what you are saying Julie, how it's sometimes better to move on for the greater good but, we all have to be responsible for our actions and pay the price. His murders were not accidents or spur of the moment events. They were planned and lots of them. He should have been hanged IMO.
I agree.
However, Julie is a genuine sweetie and can find either good, or light at the end of the tunnel with most things, so I understand her comments.

What's boiled my pee quite frankly is UJ stating "My Mate" when referring to MMG.
I rarely see eye to eye with UJ anyway, but to me this sinks to a new low when you consider MMG's past.

I am utterly astonished and appalled at his comment.

Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top