Join for free
Page 3 of 9 < 1 2 3 4 5 > Last »
TessA
Official Poinker
UK
TessA is female  TessA has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-01-2017, 07:40 PM

Re: Dating Agencies

Wasn't Azz going to start one a while back?
Tpin
Chatterbox
UK
Tpin is male  Tpin has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-01-2017, 07:40 PM

Originally Posted by ruthio ->
Come on mods, Dating Agencies, if you please
The irony in your complaint is astounding.
Older git
Chatterbox
South Lincs
Older git is male  Older git has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-01-2017, 09:06 PM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YlDDZVdPfFM

They ain`t all bad
ruthio
Chatterbox
Southern UK
ruthio is female  ruthio has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-01-2017, 09:48 PM

Originally Posted by Tpin ->
Knockoutblow
Lancashire
Knockoutblow is male  Knockoutblow has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-01-2017, 10:42 AM

Originally Posted by ruthio ->
Come on mods, Dating Agencies, if you please
What wrong with it ? Pray tell
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-01-2017, 11:15 AM

Originally Posted by May ->
Been on a couple in the past..it's an experience I can tell Ya...Someone should write a book about it all..Artangel?
May, l think a tv sitcom would be better! So many funny dates to remember!
May
Chatterbox
SCOTLAND
May is female  May has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-01-2017, 11:18 AM

Originally Posted by Knockoutblow ->
What wrong with it ? Pray tell
I think Ruthio is pulling You up on Your grammar Kid...She's such a perfectionist dontcha know
May
Chatterbox
SCOTLAND
May is female  May has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-01-2017, 11:19 AM

Originally Posted by Artangel ->
May, l think a tv sitcom would be better! So many funny dates to remember!
Aye,good idea...who would You get to play You?
shropshiregirl
Chatterbox
Shropshire
shropshiregirl is female  shropshiregirl has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-01-2017, 02:41 PM

OMG, I wish the Web had been around when I took a job in Baker street, London in the mid 70’s. It was with a highly respectable well known dating agency. There were only three of us there. The agency boss who was really scary! She was strict, precise, no nonsense, never smiled, always wore either grey or black power suits and an absolute stickler for getting things exactly right. I only lasted about 2 weeks before the Agency boss informed me I was not suited to the job!!

I still shudder when I think of the task I had to do. She would arrange an interview with an applicant who wished to join the agency (and boy, did they pay high fees for the privilege). The applicant would first sit in a room and fill in a very in-depth application form. When this was completed, the boss would pass it to me for no more than a few minutes to read through and start looking through our rolled top Filofax of what I thought would be suitable matches whilst she spoke with the applicant in the interview room. They were mostly wealthy people who didn’t have the social skills when meeting other people and needed help!

Anyhow, the boss and the applicant would be seated at one end of a long table getting the lowdown on what he/or she was looking for whilst muggins here had to desperately scrabble through the sacred Filofax of “suitable” matches.
OMG! I remember I made some right cock-ups when discreetly passing her the card that I had naively picked out as what I assumed would be a nice match for the applicant. What the hell did I know? But one dirty look from the boss was enough to get me frantically searching again. I used to be a nervous wreck by the end of the day and dreading going into work.

I have never been so relieved to leave a job in my life!
Tpin
Chatterbox
UK
Tpin is male  Tpin has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-01-2017, 03:10 PM

Originally Posted by Tpin ->
Originally Posted by May ->
I think Ruthio is pulling You up on Your grammar Kid...She's such a perfectionist dontcha know
Ooops......looks like I owe Ruthio an apology.
I thought she was having a go at me for wandering off topic.

sorry Ruthio........

ps....I think you've got a lovely ear.

Page 3 of 9 < 1 2 3 4 5 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top