Join for free
Page 2 of 12 < 1 2 3 4 > Last »
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-01-2017, 11:58 PM

Re: Whats wrong with taking up two spaces?

Originally Posted by fender ->
This is hilarious.......

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k-WqjpNIH9E
That was funny, but I left it running and some of the following clips were funnier, or even scary...

like the man who filled a car with concrete!
Tiffany
Chatterbox
Devon
Tiffany is female  Tiffany has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-01-2017, 12:26 AM

Parking spaces in most car parks are far too narrow for modern cars, unless you drive a Smart car that is, or a Ka, something really small. Most people don't. I don't blame people taking up two spaces. Car park planners should do something about it & no one should blame the motorists.
Fender that video was hilarious.
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-01-2017, 12:43 AM

Originally Posted by Tiffany ->
Parking spaces in most car parks are far too narrow for modern cars, unless you drive a Smart car that is, or a Ka, something really small. Most people don't. I don't blame people taking up two spaces. Car park planners should do something about it & no one should blame the motorists.
You're right. Our two nearest supermarkets are noticeably different, not that I take a tape measure along. The parking spaces at Morrison's are wider than those at Sainsbury's. I don't know why, though, as there are usually plenty of spaces at both, so it's not as if the one is worried about not having sufficient access for all its customers.

Anyway, I though there was a recommendeed standard minimum measurement, not that everybody has to adhere to it.
Tiffany
Chatterbox
Devon
Tiffany is female  Tiffany has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-01-2017, 01:02 AM

Originally Posted by JBR ->
You're right. Our two nearest supermarkets are noticeably different, not that I take a tape measure along. The parking spaces at Morrison's are wider than those at Sainsbury's. I don't know why, though, as there are usually plenty of spaces at both, so it's not as if the one is worried about not having sufficient access for all its customers.

Anyway, I though there was a recommendeed standard minimum measurement, not that everybody has to adhere to it.
Some car parks do have larger spaces for larger cars, then you get some idiot in a mini or small car parking in the huge space, so it doesn't work. All spaces should be wide enough for all cars.
realspeed
Chatterbox
South coast
realspeed is male  realspeed has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-01-2017, 02:09 AM

its not just car parking spaces but house garages as well. The average new house may just be big enough for a mini but not for the average size saloon car.
Bruce
Chatterbox
Wollongong, Australia
Bruce is male  Bruce has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-01-2017, 04:03 AM

The answer is easy, get your phone out, take a picture and post it on your local "dickhead drivers' website.

If nothing else it let's you vent your spleen.

Works for me.

Attached Thumbnails (Click to enlarge)
Click image for larger version

Name:	2016-02-09 09.11.36.jpg
Views:	116
Size:	42.3 KB
ID:	2559   Click image for larger version

Name:	2016-02-09 09.14.17.jpg
Views:	118
Size:	36.8 KB
ID:	2560   Click image for larger version

Name:	2016-12-21 09.41.04.jpg
Views:	118
Size:	24.9 KB
ID:	2561  
Bruce
Chatterbox
Wollongong, Australia
Bruce is male  Bruce has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-01-2017, 04:44 AM

In the 70s I lived in an inner Sydney suburb where they built a new shopping mall with its own multi storey car park. A week after opening they had to remake the car park because Australian family cars (mostly Kingswoods and Falcons) couldn't park there.

The developers had used a European design without modification, the local cars couldn't make the tight turns and narrow passage ways. Great lumps of the building had to be knocked down and modified.

My ute only just fits in my 6 mtr square garage the car being 5.5 mtr long plus towbar means there is no room front or back. It seems to be problem of modern living probably exacerbated in the UK by the small living areas.
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK

13-01-2017, 10:55 AM

Originally Posted by Bruce ->
The answer is easy, get your phone out, take a picture and post it on your local "dickhead drivers' website.
I have already done so on here.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-01-2017, 12:28 PM

Some car parks do have larger spaces for larger cars, then you get some idiot in a mini or small car parking in the huge space, so it doesn't work. All spaces should be wide enough for all cars.
I'll tell you what is frustrating: When you are desperately looking for a space in a multi-storey, you think you have spotted one only to find a tiny car has parked so far back you couldn't see it until you got there.
Tiffany
Chatterbox
Devon

13-01-2017, 12:45 PM

Originally Posted by Longdogs ->
I'll tell you what is frustrating: When you are desperately looking for a space in a multi-storey, you think you have spotted one only to find a tiny car has parked so far back you couldn't see it until you got there.
Yes, I know that feeling.

Page 2 of 12 < 1 2 3 4 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top