Join for free
Page 1 of 16 1 2 3 11 > Last »
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-01-2017, 11:16 PM

GP Surgeries

I've just been listening to the late news and it seems Theresa May wants GP surgeries to be open 7 days a week and from 8am - 8pm. If they refuse, she will refuse further funding for them.
She reckons it will ease the strain on the A&E departments.

The doctors aren't going to like that idea, but I do agree that some people go to A & E because there is nowhere else open to get help.

What do you think? Is it a good idea for GP's to be open more, or not?
susan m
DORSET UK
susan m is female  susan m has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-01-2017, 11:20 PM

Re: GP Surgeries

We have a walk in surgery here in the local hospital it's open 7 days a week . Very helpful .

I do think there should be more walk in surgery's , it would relieve a & e hospitals pressure and ambulance call outs
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-01-2017, 11:25 PM

They keep saying we should go to one of the Walk-in centres, but the nearest one to me is nearly an hour away, and I haven't got a clue how to get there, especially in the dark.
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-01-2017, 11:27 PM

It's all the Old People, that's the problem, (and some Chav types).
Silbee
Wales ... aka God's pocket.
Silbee is female  Silbee has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-01-2017, 11:31 PM

It's long overdue in my opinion.

I also think the people who are in work all day or on shifts need to be catered for too.

How can you have no health care over a weekend? I know our surgery is clogged every Monday and Tuesday sorting out the weekend backlog.

The GP's will fight it with every fibre of their being ...

There is a Dentists Surgery close by and they open at 7.00 am everyday until late to cater for those with full time jobs.
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-01-2017, 11:36 PM

Seems to me the local Dentist has more than a Full Time Job.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire

13-01-2017, 11:41 PM

Yes I know what you mean about surgeries being clogged Mondays Silbee, it's the same here.
They are also building so many house round here and the doctors can't cope with the new influx of patients. Perhaps if they were open more, they wouldn't have to try and cram so many in within just a few hours.
If anyone was ill and needed help here, they have no choice but to go to A & E.
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-01-2017, 11:43 PM

My GPs is closed all weekend, no wonder A&E has been so busy the surgery was closed for 4 days over Christmas and three at new year.

There are 14 doctors in the practice I use, when I book an appointment online I can see who is on duty and when, they seem to work part time. If I want to see my own doctor I have to wait weeks.

I am not sure some of them are earning their money.
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire

13-01-2017, 11:47 PM

The rules of industry, have finally aligned with the Public Sector, it was just a matter of Time.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire

13-01-2017, 11:50 PM

Originally Posted by Meg ->
My GPs is closed all weekend, no wonder A&E has been so busy the surgery was closed for 4 days over Christmas and three at new year.

There are 14 doctors in the practice I use, when I book an appointment online I can see who is on duty and when, they seem to work part time. If I want to see my own doctor I have to wait weeks.

I am not sure some of them are earning their money.

We are also only allowed a ten minute appointment now Meg.
There is not always time to explain things and talk properly in that time. I always feel they are only half listening because they have one eye on the clock.

Page 1 of 16 1 2 3 11 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top