Join for free
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 > Last »
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-01-2017, 02:29 PM

The complexity of dreams

This is a bit difficult to explain but here goes;

Have you ever had a dream and within that dream you have a memory of something that happened years ago. The memory feels real but when you wake up, you realise it was just a dream and it never happened?

Weird isn't it!
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-01-2017, 02:50 PM

Re: The complexity of dreams

Not sure what you mean Dongle, was it a memory of an event which really happened?
Did you relive the event again in your dream?

Not too large a hot toddy before bed was it?
Morticia
Chatterbox
England
Morticia is female  Morticia has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-01-2017, 02:55 PM

I've had dreams of past events that really did happen but in the dream had an alternative ending... and even in the dream I'm aware of thinking, Well, that's stupid.

Do you mean that?
TessA
Official Poinker
UK
TessA is female  TessA has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-01-2017, 02:56 PM

I had a dream of getting lost in secondary school and not being able to find the classroom I was supposed to be in, that used to happen to me a lot, especially when our school merged with the one nextdoor.
I also had one where a lion was on the loose in our primary school, seemed very real, didn't happen though!
Morticia
Chatterbox
England
Morticia is female  Morticia has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-01-2017, 03:05 PM

For years I used to have a dream of been chased up the road by a black shadow.
The dream would get a little longer each time .. with me getting closer to the safety of home, with the shadowed man closing the gap.
In the end, the last time I dreamt it was when I finally managed to get into the porch before waking up and just as I thought I was safe, his hand would shoot around the door stopping me closing it.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-01-2017, 03:08 PM

Originally Posted by Morticia ->
For years I used to have a dream of been chased up the road by a black shadow.
The dream would get a little longer each time .. with me getting closer to the safety of home, with the shadowed man closing the gap.
In the end, the last time I dreamt it was when I finally managed to get into the porch before waking up and just as I thought I was safe, his hand would shoot around the door stopping me closing it.

Oooh, that must have been a bit scary Mort. I don't think I'd have liked that at all.
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-01-2017, 03:14 PM

I had a nightmare last night and was I glad to walk up!
Tpin
Chatterbox
UK
Tpin is male  Tpin has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-01-2017, 04:19 PM

I dislike the dreams that are so real you're still thinking about it long into the day..
susan m
DORSET UK
susan m is female  susan m has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-01-2017, 05:45 PM

Why is it in dreams I meet people and know them so well , I can laugh and chat with them , do things together yet the moment I awake they are total strangers and I lie there thinking who were those people , yet I seemed to know them so well .
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire

14-01-2017, 05:55 PM

They say we are visiting our friends in the spirit world susan.

Could explain why you seem to know them though?

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top