Join for free
Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >
Jem
Chatterbox
Dublin
Jem is male  Jem has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-01-2017, 06:16 PM

Re: The complexity of dreams

Originally Posted by Longdogs ->
This is a bit difficult to explain but here goes;

Have you ever had a dream and within that dream you have a memory of something that happened years ago. The memory feels real but when you wake up, you realise it was just a dream and it never happened?

Weird isn't it!
Weird indeed LD, we know so little about dreams.
I have had the same dream at least 10 times over the past 50 years or so.
A car is lying on its side on a country road and I’m lying in a ditch looking at the back wheels spinning around, it’s daytime and I can see the paintwork. it’s blue with black mudguards and roof, I know nothing about cars but this looks like something from the 1930’s. I can see all this at ground level but I cannot move any part of my body. I feel calm and relaxed, the dreams never changes one bit every time I have them. And that’s it.
When my Dad was alive I asked him did he know any family members who died in a car accident years ago, he didn’t but he had a brother who emigrated in the 1930’s and was never heard of again, there had been a fierce family row and he just backed up and left, they never spoke about it.
Dreaming has always fascinated me, one aspect of dreaming is the angle you see things at, you could be looking down at a scene or in the middle of a crowd, you could be seeing an event from a distance or close up, this must mean something in my opinion, one thing is for sure, you will never see your own face in a dream, hard as you may try before you nod off.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-01-2017, 06:27 PM

But did you see your face when you were lying in the ditch Meg? If not, how did you know it was you?

Just had another thought. . . could be how you departed from this world in a previous life.
Yes. That'll be it.

Pumicestone
Australia
Pumicestone is male  Pumicestone has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-01-2017, 06:32 PM

There are allegedly shrinks who can "interpret" our dreams - and find something Deep and Meaningful.
Joseph and Daniel were a couple of biblical superstars in the field - if my memory serves me
(or perhaps I'm dreaming).

In recent times, I often wake with memories of scary dreams involving "Enforcement Officers" - last night I pinched a car !
Not having any such stuff in my history (really) - I don't know where that crap is coming from.
Tpin
Chatterbox
UK
Tpin is male  Tpin has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-01-2017, 06:57 PM

Originally Posted by Pumicestone ->
There are allegedly shrinks who can "interpret" our dreams - and find something Deep and Meaningful.
Joseph and Daniel were a couple of biblical superstars in the field - if my memory serves me
(or perhaps I'm dreaming).

In recent times, I often wake with memories of scary dreams involving "Enforcement Officers" - last night I pinched a car !
Not having any such stuff in my history (really) - I don't know where that crap is coming from.
Are you a closet ram raider?
Pumicestone
Australia
Pumicestone is male  Pumicestone has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-01-2017, 07:06 PM

Well there are a few very pretty sheep just down the road ............
Rhian
Chatterbox
North Wales
Rhian is female  Rhian has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-01-2017, 07:11 PM

Originally Posted by Pumicestone ->
Well there are a few very pretty sheep just down the road ............
Ooh is that a sport in Oz too pummy?!
susan m
DORSET UK
susan m is female  susan m has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-01-2017, 08:40 PM

Originally Posted by Mups ->
They say we are visiting our friends in the spirit world susan.

Could explain why you seem to know them though?
Mups , I've often wondered this too .

I had a dream and a gorgeous man was strumming a guitar and singing to me (Annies song ) he was so in love with me and I was in love with him , he sang the words right the way through to me and meant every word .

I woke up singing it , then I felt sad it was a dream
Cass
NL
Cass is female  Cass has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-01-2017, 09:37 PM

I am so lucky to have vivid dreaming. Dreams so real I often have to check to make sure they aren't real, I say lucky because when they are good its fabulous. Ive had lunch with my dead father, spent a day on the sands in Perranporth with my dead dog and had the chance to say goodbye in wonderful and 'real' surroundings.
However when they are bad they are truely horrific Ive been stabbed and woke up screaming from the pain, been at the bedside of someone who died and woke up crying, sobbing and had to check online just to make sure my loved one was still alive and it was 'just 'a dream.

Recently all my dreams seem to be set in a post apocalyptic world where only OH and I seem aware of the descruction and everyone else is oblivious. I know this stems from recent health issues with OH which we are dealing with alone so I dont worry too much about them..

In general I love having such vivid dreams...it beats the rubbish on TV anyway!
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-01-2017, 10:05 PM

Originally Posted by susan m ->
Mups , I've often wondered this too .

I had a dream and a gorgeous man was strumming a guitar and singing to me (Annies song ) he was so in love with me and I was in love with him , he sang the words right the way through to me and meant every word .

I woke up singing it , then I felt sad it was a dream

Perhaps that was your soul mate Susan. I believe all will be revealed one day, but not yet. We have to patient.
Rhian
Chatterbox
North Wales
Rhian is female  Rhian has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-01-2017, 10:15 PM

My favourite dreams are when I'm flying. They're fantastic, it feels so real and liberating

My worst dreams are when I'm falling.. or trying to scream but failing

Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top