Join for free
Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-01-2017, 10:19 PM

Re: The complexity of dreams

My dreams are usually spent with folks I don't know, but they have associations.
susan m
DORSET UK
susan m is female  susan m has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-01-2017, 11:28 AM

Woke this morning and think I'd been in a wrestling ring as my pillows were chucked around the bedroom , thank goodness I sleep alone or someone would have had a few bruises .

Mups , thanks for lovely reply to previous quote x
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-01-2017, 11:36 AM

Originally Posted by susan m ->
Why is it in dreams I meet people and know them so well , I can laugh and chat with them , do things together yet the moment I awake they are total strangers and I lie there thinking who were those people , yet I seemed to know them so well .
That's sort of what I'm getting at Susan. You know these people well therefore you have met them before, spoken to them before and have some sort of history with them, yet when you wake up, you don't know them at all.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-01-2017, 11:45 AM

Originally Posted by Mups ->
Not sure what you mean Dongle, was it a memory of an event which really happened?
Did you relive the event again in your dream?

Not too large a hot toddy before bed was it?
I can't think of an actual example because once we wake up, most dreams fade instantly and the more we try to remember them, the more they fade which is strange in itself.

As Tpin says, some dreams are so real however that they stay with us all day. Who's had a dream where they are totally in love with someone they know and that feeling lasts all day?

As a made up example: You dream your are on holiday lying on a lovely beach and you think to yourself 'I love this beach, I have been coming here for ten years now because I love it so much. I remember one year though, there was a great storm and I had to run for cover into a coffee shop where I had a latte and a piece of cake.'

When you wake up though, none of it was true.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England

15-01-2017, 11:47 AM

Mups , I've often wondered this too .

I had a dream and a gorgeous man was strumming a guitar and singing to me (Annies song ) he was so in love with me and I was in love with him , he sang the words right the way through to me and meant every word .

I woke up singing it , then I felt sad it was a dream
Ah, that'll be Fender.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England

15-01-2017, 11:52 AM

Originally Posted by Jem ->
Weird indeed LD, we know so little about dreams.
I have had the same dream at least 10 times over the past 50 years or so.
A car is lying on its side on a country road and I’m lying in a ditch looking at the back wheels spinning around, it’s daytime and I can see the paintwork. it’s blue with black mudguards and roof, I know nothing about cars but this looks like something from the 1930’s. I can see all this at ground level but I cannot move any part of my body. I feel calm and relaxed, the dreams never changes one bit every time I have them. And that’s it.
When my Dad was alive I asked him did he know any family members who died in a car accident years ago, he didn’t but he had a brother who emigrated in the 1930’s and was never heard of again, there had been a fierce family row and he just backed up and left, they never spoke about it.
Dreaming has always fascinated me, one aspect of dreaming is the angle you see things at, you could be looking down at a scene or in the middle of a crowd, you could be seeing an event from a distance or close up, this must mean something in my opinion, one thing is for sure, you will never see your own face in a dream, hard as you may try before you nod off.
Yes, I have noticed that too, another thing is where the other person in the dream changes to someone else half way through.

Some interesting replies here. Thank you.
Older git
Chatterbox
South Lincs
Older git is male  Older git has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-01-2017, 12:26 PM

Nice dreams are well `nice` But night terror is not,it`s when you are in a very bad place and you know your are dreaming,but that is a dream inside the dream. You try to yell out to wake yourself up,but those screams are also in the dream.

You finally wake up with heart pumping,possibly in a sweat. Been there a couple of times.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England

15-01-2017, 12:38 PM

Originally Posted by Older git ->
Nice dreams are well `nice` But night terror is not,it`s when you are in a very bad place and you know your are dreaming,but that is a dream inside the dream. You try to yell out to wake yourself up,but those screams are also in the dream.

You finally wake up with heart pumping,possibly in a sweat. Been there a couple of times.
I get that a lot where I keep waking up, sometimes three or four times before I actually wake up. Unfortunately, sometimes when I know I am dreaming, I shout as loud as possible which wakes me up ...... and all my neighbours.
Older git
Chatterbox
South Lincs
Older git is male  Older git has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-01-2017, 12:47 PM

Originally Posted by Longdogs ->
I get that a lot where I keep waking up, sometimes three or four times before I actually wake up. Unfortunately, sometimes when I know I am dreaming, I shout as loud as possible which wakes me up ...... and all my neighbours.
I`m no Freudian and to be honest my qualifications as a Psychologist were not spent in dream theory. To get it a lot though could relate to some `stuff` that you may need to resolve? Or eating too late? Or drinking? The next time it happens try to remember what you did before going to bed.

Just a thought.
Tiffany
Chatterbox
Devon
Tiffany is female  Tiffany has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-01-2017, 03:24 PM

Mups , I've often wondered this too .

I had a dream and a gorgeous man was strumming a guitar and singing to me (Annies song ) he was so in love with me and I was in love with him , he sang the words right the way through to me and meant every word .

I woke up singing it , then I felt sad it was a dream
Was that man John Denver? I loved that man!

Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top