Join for free
Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 > Last »
TessA
Official Poinker
UK
TessA is female  TessA has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-01-2017, 03:30 PM

I don't know if I can go through with this!

I've got a huge stash of wool (fabric too) I braved the spiders this morning and grabbed most of it out of my shed, where it's been for a year or so.
I sorted it into colours, a big bag of browns,
one of blues etc. and one bag to give away to a friend and one to give to a knitting group that knits for charity.
I keep looking at the bags to give away, I'm feeling very anxious and wondering if there is such a thing as separation anxiety from wool!
There's still some in the shed but, too far in to venture unless someone checks for spiders between it and the exit!
Fabric stash will be next but, I have to see if I get over my wool problem first!

Can you give stuff away easily or is it painful?
carol
Chatterbox
Derbyshire.
carol is female  carol has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-01-2017, 03:39 PM

Re: I don't know if I can go through with this!

Is the wool still strong?
You might find it breaks easily after being in the shed for a year - possible damp atmosphere etc.

It would solve your anxiety problem then - nobody would want it!!
TessA
Official Poinker
UK
TessA is female  TessA has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-01-2017, 03:41 PM

Nope it's all good, been well protected, that's what the spiders like about that shed I think.
TessA
Official Poinker
UK

15-01-2017, 03:44 PM

Oh dear there's a cat on my lap, now I can't do anything!
Older git
Chatterbox
South Lincs
Older git is male  Older git has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-01-2017, 03:48 PM

How much of one sort? I was there just over 6 years ago sorting Jenny`s stuff. Bags off it but nothing enough to actually knit a garment. Oh and spiders are great. Never met one I did not say hello to. One trapped in the bath?-a towel,some wool in your case and they climb out.
Rhian
Chatterbox
North Wales
Rhian is female  Rhian has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-01-2017, 03:54 PM

You're looking at the person who used to think inanimate objects had feelings up until the age of about 18!
I'm not so bad now. ..but just in case...make sure there's an even number of balls of wool going to any one place. I wouldn't want one to be on its own!
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-01-2017, 04:03 PM

I'm worse than you Rhian. I still think some things have feelings, I also suspect my garden ornaments come alive at night, and my teddy loves me.

Tess, just do it slowly. No harm sorting the wool, that's step one accomplished. Then only give one bag away at a time and wait till you recover enough to part with another one . . and so on. I don't think you should do it all in one go, else you might fret and worry about it.

Hope that helps. x x
myrtle
Chatterbox
Macclesfield, uk
myrtle is female  myrtle has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-01-2017, 04:34 PM

One small step for man (or Tessa ) .... etc ... etc ...
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-01-2017, 04:45 PM

Oh dear, I sometimes worry about inanimate objects too or if I choose the best plant, am I ignoring the other ones.........

I'm a girl
Rhian
Chatterbox
North Wales
Rhian is female  Rhian has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-01-2017, 04:48 PM

Originally Posted by Longdogs ->
Oh dear, I sometimes worry about inanimate objects too or if I choose the best plant, am I ignoring the other ones.........

I'm a girl
Hush now, it's ok Dongle. ..you can be in touch with your feminine side...just don't let her take over!

Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top