Join for free
Page 3 of 7 < 1 2 3 4 5 > Last »
Rhian
Chatterbox
North Wales
Rhian is female  Rhian has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-01-2017, 08:38 PM

Re: I don't know if I can go through with this!

Originally Posted by Tiffany ->
I won't put Teddy bears in plastic bags, unless their heads are out, in case they suffocate.
Oh yes Tiff.. or pierce holes in the bags before putting them in
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-01-2017, 09:10 PM

Originally Posted by Tiffany ->
I won't put Teddy bears in plastic bags, unless their heads are out, in case they suffocate.

Oh Tiff, I'm like that! I quite upset me putting a father christmas and a big reindeer in a bag to pack away too. Then to stick them up in a cold, dark loft on their own for a year . . . .
Tiffany
Chatterbox
Devon
Tiffany is female  Tiffany has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-01-2017, 09:19 PM

Originally Posted by Rhian ->
Oh yes Tiff.. or pierce holes in the bags before putting them in
Canvas bags are better, most Charlie Bears have those.

Originally Posted by Mups ->
Oh Tiff, I'm like that! I quite upset me putting a father christmas and a big reindeer in a bag to pack away too. Then to stick them up in a cold, dark loft on their own for a year . . . .
Oh! I know, I had to put my cloth, felt & knitted Robins in the loft, but I had to put those in a box to keep them clean & dry.
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-01-2017, 09:54 PM

Oh TessA, stop needling us and spinning the yarn! Wool, you did ask us!
TessA
Official Poinker
UK
TessA is female  TessA has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-01-2017, 11:13 PM

Originally Posted by Jazzi ->
Tess, does this mean you don't want to use the wool yourself? Are you an ex knitter, that no longer can or want to continue? It's good, though, that you have good homes for it all to go to.

Oh, and for the record, I too think objects have feelings and feel they should be grouped, for company.

(Shoot me now! Lol)
I've kept all the best stuff, just finished a pullover for great grandson no 1.
I only knit small things now as my hands hurt.
If you could see how much wool and fabric I have you'd be amazed.

I keep getting wool given to me, my eldest is manager of a charity shop, any wool they can't sell she gives to me instead of throwing it away, so I give them a donation.
My ex MIL died and I inherited her stash which was formidable, nextdoor neighbour's wife died so he gave me hers. There's a wool shop in Wells that was selling packs of unusual yarn for £2 for ten balls. No one could resist that!

Then there's all the lovely eyelash yarn for knitting owls, hedgehogs and beards.

Lovely soft fluffy baby wool, loopy scarf yarn that knits spiral scarves!

My name's Tess, I'm a woolaholic!
TessA
Official Poinker
UK
TessA is female  TessA has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-01-2017, 11:15 PM

Originally Posted by Nom ->
RE wool.......get a sheep endless supply as required. + Mutton as the end product.
There are sheep in the field nextdoor, thanks for the tip!

How does one catch sheep?

I believe I need wellies?
Nom
Chatterbox
Northumberland
Nom is male  Nom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-01-2017, 07:46 AM

Originally Posted by TessA ->
There are sheep in the field nextdoor, thanks for the tip!

How does one catch sheep?

I believe I need wellies?
Green ones and hide in the grass they wont see you coming.
TessA
Official Poinker
UK

16-01-2017, 08:30 AM

I have green ones!

They're in the shed.....

..... full of spiders!
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-01-2017, 08:42 AM

Originally Posted by TessA ->
I've got a huge stash of wool (fabric too) I braved the spiders this morning and grabbed most of it out of my shed, where it's been for a year or so.
I sorted it into colours, a big bag of browns,
one of blues etc. and one bag to give away to a friend and one to give to a knitting group that knits for charity.
I keep looking at the bags to give away, I'm feeling very anxious and wondering if there is such a thing as separation anxiety from wool!
There's still some in the shed but, too far in to venture unless someone checks for spiders between it and the exit!
Fabric stash will be next but, I have to see if I get over my wool problem first!

Can you give stuff away easily or is it painful?

Get shut of it!
It will only rot in the shed
Let's it be made good use of !!!!
(I am the same with saddles I have enough tack to run a stables must get rid of it.)
TessA
Official Poinker
UK

16-01-2017, 08:58 AM

I was only going to keep the whole balls of each colour, then I thought, " What if I need to knit stripes?!!!"

Page 3 of 7 < 1 2 3 4 5 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top