Join for free
Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >
Tpin
Chatterbox
UK
Tpin is male  Tpin has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-01-2017, 10:41 AM

Re: So unhappy and alone

There seems to be some good advice given....not much of an endorsement as I'm a bricklayer not a healthcare worker.

If you feel low.....pop in and say "hello" I cannot guarantee a cure but a smile is better than a lonely tear.

Terry
realspeed
Chatterbox
South coast
realspeed is male  realspeed has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-01-2017, 10:42 AM

Susan that is a UK number to call no good as the OP is in the USA
susan m
DORSET UK
susan m is female  susan m has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-01-2017, 10:43 AM

Originally Posted by realspeed ->
Susan
The OP is in the USA

Thanks realspeed I've now amended my post .
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-01-2017, 10:46 AM

Hi Snowkat

I'm not qualified to give you the advice you obviously need but what I can do is give you a virtual hug - and judging by the replies so far, you have made some friends already. See, that didn't take long did it.

I have always found that when there is a crisis in life, true friends appear from the most unlikely places.

Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-01-2017, 10:51 AM

Originally Posted by realspeed ->
My own view point is some anti depressant medication can actually make things worse by coming addicted to them. A DR may prescribe a different type but then your pumping different drugs into your body.

First of all you have to get out of that mind set of not wanted- not loved- not of use to anyone.
If possible go get a job where you are constantly meeting different people, that will take your mind of what you are worrying about. Join a group and get involved with an activity that you can share with others

As I said to my mind Drs can make things worse not better, social therapy is how I got over depression. Worked for me and may work for you
I agree Bazza I am not a fan of antidepressants particularly for people who do not have a specific medical condition but have a problem/ change of circumstances with which they need to come to terms. When they come off them the problems which initiated the taking of medication will still need to be addressed. Some medication can cloud judgement, have nasty side effects and make a situation worse.

Better to try to find some external support to help get through a bad situation.
May
Chatterbox
SCOTLAND
May is female  May has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-01-2017, 10:55 AM

Hi Snowkat and welcome to Our Forum...You have received excellent advice from Our Members here and it's up to You to take it..some of Us have been through Your kind of hell,and worse,...I don't know anything about American Law,but if You have been dependent financially on Your Husband all Your married life,shouldn't He have to support You until You can support Yourself?...Also if the house is rented in Your Name why are You letting Him in?...if He has a key..change the locks....and last of all..get tough and do as Ivana did...don't get mad...get everything ..I know this may sound harsh but You have to stop crying and feeling sorry for Yourself..it won't help...You had the strength to leave this scumbag, so You'll have the strength to survive...good luck,
(((((((((((hugs))))))))))))
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-01-2017, 11:11 AM

Originally Posted by Meg ->
Hi Kat
Is there a support group for divorcees in your area, I would look and see.
Kat I have looked at some of the US divorce support groups for you and am not sure which are suitable as some are related to various religious denominations,others seem to be 'selling something' so I would have a good look at them all.

Another member mentioned The Samaritans ...
http://www.samaritansusa.org/contact.php

Please don't hesitate to ring them if you feel despairing or just need someone with whom you can talk. You don't need to be suicidal to talk to them and the won't try to advise you, they will just 'listen' and metaphorically hold your hand through a crisis
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-01-2017, 11:24 AM

Hello Snowkat, I'm just a bloke so I might not be too much help, but I noticed that you liked to exercise but have given it up. I suggest you start again, go out for a run, something that you have complete control of and it will give you confidence and even help with the insomnia. Join a running club or gym where you can train with other like minded people and it will help to take your mind off your problems and stop you focusing on yourself.
Good luck and keep us posted, perhaps start a journal on here so we can follow your progress. You have made a good start by joining this forum Snowkat, you can benefit from the life experiences of the many helpful members on this site.
Cinderella
Chatterbox
East Anglia, UK
Cinderella is female  Cinderella has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-01-2017, 11:39 AM

A few kind words of encouragement can make all the difference.
Aysa
Chatterbox
UK
Aysa is female  Aysa has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-01-2017, 12:33 PM

Originally Posted by Cinderella ->
A few kind words of encouragement can make all the difference.
I second that too .....I really hope you find some peace ahead in life Snow Kat ....hang in there!! There are always good souls out there willing to offer you an ear to listen to you and a hand to help you

Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top