Join for free
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-01-2017, 09:05 AM

Welsh Labour Party to Change Strike Law.

Hi

The Welsh Labour Party are seeking to change the law in respect of strike action in the NHS and other services.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-wales-politics-38609752

Not a very good idea in my view.
Devo
SW UK
Devo is male  Devo has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-01-2017, 08:16 AM

Re: Welsh Labour Party to Change Strike Law.

I don't have any problem with the idea in principle, especially at a time when the Tories are aiming to make legal strike action almost impossible.
But, I do tire of the way many people on the Left (I am far to the Left on most things) are all too ready to call for strikes. They should be the last resort not the first. More strikes on the railway are in the offing which will have one effect - to ensure there is public support for further removal of workers' rights by the government, Chris Grayling has already hinted at such. While a strike would result in loss of money and more and have no real effect, a work to rule and overtime ban would have a massive effect while involving no breach of contract. So why be a turkey voting for Christmas?

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top