Join for free
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 > Last »
tarantula
Chatterbox
UK
tarantula is female  tarantula has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-01-2017, 12:12 PM

How can anyone deny the Holocaust happened?

My husband and I watched an 'Antiques Roadshow' featuring the survivors and relatives of one of the most horrific episodes in human history. They had relics of their time in those evil camps, and also photos as well. Are they all making it up as well as the people who liberated them? It beggars belief that anyone in their right mind could deny the Holocaust happened, when there is so much evidence to back it up.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-01-2017, 12:18 PM

Re: How can anyone deny the Holocaust happened?

Originally Posted by tarantula ->
My husband and I watched an 'Antiques Roadshow' featuring the survivors and relatives of one of the most horrific episodes in human history. They had relics of their time in those evil camps, and also photos as well. Are they all making it up as well as the people who liberated them? It beggars belief that anyone in their right mind could deny the Holocaust happened, when there is so much evidence to back it up.

Is it me? I don't understand why the question?
You say they were survivors and had photo's & relics, how is that denial? Seems more like proof to me.
Who are you saying denied anything happened?
Older git
Chatterbox
South Lincs
Older git is male  Older git has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-01-2017, 12:29 PM

Some do it seems-why is beyond me.
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-01-2017, 12:32 PM

Mups some do believe it didn't happen I tend to wonder if they have mental problems myself, it was so well documented it can't have been made up.
tarantula
Chatterbox
UK
tarantula is female  tarantula has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-01-2017, 12:34 PM

Originally Posted by Mups ->
Is it me? I don't understand why the question?
You say they were survivors and had photo's & relics, how is that denial? Seems more like proof to me.
Who are you saying denied anything happened?

There are many Holocaust deniers out there, in spite of all the evidence, which supports it. Many of the deniers belong to far right Nazi groups.
Older git
Chatterbox
South Lincs
Older git is male  Older git has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-01-2017, 12:37 PM

There are many Holocaust deniers out there, in spite of all the evidence, which supports it. Many of the deniers belong to far right Nazi groups.
Sadly that is so true. Evidence does not matter to them.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-01-2017, 12:37 PM

I must have my extra thick head on this morning, because how does that answer my question?

What did the people you saw on telly do to make you think they were denying everything?

I thought you said these survivors had relics of their time spent there? Why does that make them in denial?
ruthio
Chatterbox
Southern UK
ruthio is female  ruthio has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-01-2017, 12:44 PM

Mups read the original post again.

Tara is asking a rhetorical question...Are they making it up as well as those who liberated them?

The answer is of course NO!

Those in denial, and they do unfortunately exist, are evil thick dense and stupid.
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-01-2017, 12:46 PM

The trouble is, all these 'naysayers' can get co-ordinated on the internet and you can't shut them up. If I was a news editor I wouldn't give them any space at all in the media.

Having said that though....I wasn't there so I don't know what went on. As the victors in the second world war we can make up any story we want about the monsters who perpetrated this vile act and damn them to eternity, but what if the Germans would have won? Would the British and allies have been made out to be the monsters?

Unless you were there, who knows?
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-01-2017, 12:50 PM

Originally Posted by Mups ->
I must have my extra thick head on this morning, because how does that answer my question?

What did the people you saw on telly do to make you think they were denying everything?

I thought you said these survivors had relics of their time spent there? Why does that make them in denial?
It wasn't them that was denying it Mupsy, they had proof that it happened.

It was some bloke who went to court and was discredited that believes it never happened.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top