Join for free
Page 4 of 4 « First < 2 3 4
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-01-2017, 03:34 PM

Re: Duped.

Sadly yes was taken in by a forum owner once, we all were, he seemed so nice ran the forum well posted about his struggles with life and his wife, it all came apart when someone joked about something he said not being true and he exploded. After a couple of days of raging it all turned out not to have been true he was a single man never had a relationship, was posting from prison where he was serving time for a sexual offence with a child ! Not the lovely man we thought at all.

I learned from that one trust no one, I think it particularly hurts when you tell the truth yourself, it never occurred to me anyone would lie !
tarantula
Chatterbox
UK
tarantula is female  tarantula has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-01-2017, 03:42 PM

Originally Posted by Meg ->
Perhaps you are unable to do this Tarantula I believe some of us can get a glimps of the real person from their posts , that doesn't mean we know them fully.
But if you haven't met them in real life, you might think you know them but you can't be sure.
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-01-2017, 03:53 PM

Originally Posted by tarantula ->
But if you haven't met them in real life, you might think you know them but you can't be sure.
As I pointed out in earlier posts you can't be sure you know anyone 'in real life'.

You can learn a lot about people you meet quite briefly (eg online) by talking to them via the written words or by listening to them on a telephone without ever meeting them in person . Maybe you can learn even more this way than if you met them briefly in person because you are not influenced by appearances and are using different senses.
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-01-2017, 04:24 PM

I'm glad they're not talking about me.
Pumicestone
Australia
Pumicestone is male  Pumicestone has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-01-2017, 04:49 PM

Originally Posted by realspeed ->
Pumicestone
If you go to Scotland be aware that the men wear skirts (called kilts) ........
Paternal grandparents hailed from Inverness and Paisley.
My clan motto is "Feros Ferio" which occasionally becomes evident here.
I was married in a kilt "wi a piper an' a' an' a' ".

Looking forward to trying the haggis - and yes, I do know how it's made.
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-01-2017, 04:50 PM

Originally Posted by JBR ->
I'm glad they're not talking about me.
Who says I'm not JB
tarantula
Chatterbox
UK
tarantula is female  tarantula has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-01-2017, 06:16 PM

Originally Posted by Meg ->
As I pointed out in earlier posts you can't be sure you know anyone 'in real life'.

You can learn a lot about people you meet quite briefly (eg online) by talking to them via the written words or by listening to them on a telephone without ever meeting them in person . Maybe you can learn even more this way than if you met them briefly in person because you are not influenced by appearances and are using different senses.
At least in real life you have some idea if they are what they say they are, like male/female, their age group and so on. You can't be sure of anything on the NET, that is why so many people are taken in.

Page 4 of 4 « First < 2 3 4

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top