Join for free
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 > Last »
ruthio
Chatterbox
Southern UK
ruthio is female  ruthio has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-01-2017, 11:41 AM

Re: Climate Change

What an amazing chart!
Thanks Bruce
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-01-2017, 12:01 PM

Hi

In spite of all this you drive a massive polluting Ute.
Purwell
Chatterbox
North Herts, England
Purwell is male  Purwell has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-01-2017, 12:03 PM

No mention of the farting cows.
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-01-2017, 12:24 PM

Sorry still don't believe it's anything but a natural cycle, we may be hastening it but it would happen eventually anyway. The worlds an amazing thing and will recover, whether we recover or not is not so certain.
gvm
Sussex, UK
gvm is male  gvm has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-01-2017, 12:33 PM

Someone did a lot of work putting that together. It really puts it into perspective. Quite frightening! - thanks Bruce
Realist
Chatterbox
UK
Realist is male  Realist has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-01-2017, 04:00 PM

Don't you just love it when pundits claim to know how things were 22,000 years ago?!!! lol

Yeah. Boston was covered in a glacier, I have my great, great, great, great, great, grandmother's old photos of it . . . .

The Earth together with the entire solar system here, is whizzing through space at 828,000 km/h or 514,000 mph.
That's 142 miles EVERY SECOND !

The solar system is travelling around the galactic central point of our galaxy, the Milky Way. Estimates of the length of one orbit range from 225 to 250 million terrestrial years.

So frankly, no-one currently living on planet Earth has one tiny iota of a clue what happens to the planet along it's merry orbit of the galaxy. Not one iota of a clue.

All climate change theory, essentially hinges off the data and numbers put forward by various groups of people. They all have an agenda. How then, can you trust the figures?

The graph is pretty, presented in a comical way, a way that appeals to people who don't "think" which is a large percentage of the currently and purposefully dumbed down populous.

It's not a way to conduct a debate on a serious issue. It should be highlighting its source data factually, impartially, unequivocally.

There should be all manner of metrics from meteorological groups, peer reviewed data. And just as with the Cochrane Library and the medical industry, there should be protocols in place to prevent any individual groups from sponsoring data reports and analytical studies so that they can effectively sway the results.

There is no impartial data here. In fact no data at all, just a pretty graph that says "look, this is how it is because, . . . well . . . that's how we say it is . . . . don't worry your pretty little heads over the finer details ok?"

Like everything in this shitty little world now, ruled as it is by corrupt crooks, criminals and greedy power-mad money grabbers, you have to do your research, dig deep, dig long and hard in order to get to the true data.

I haven't done that on this specific issue of Climate Change yet but I've done it for other things. The point is however, that the graph presented doesn't constitute that kind of impartial research. So it is worthless. Merely propaganda.

So you have to ask:

1. Why are they going to the trouble of publishing such material?

and

2. Why don't they want me to actually THINK properly about the subject using real data from real internationally respected bodies?
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-01-2017, 08:58 PM

I have seen that before Bruce it's good isn't it.

I don't need any convincing about climate change. It is logical to me that damage to our planet really got underway with the industrial revolution but of course it wasn't evident at that time and only in recent years have we been able to measure and appreciate what is happening.
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-01-2017, 09:51 PM

Isn't it strange that the chart is graduated in 500 year leaps that suddenly turns into ten year leaps. How do we know that spikes have not occurred previously on the 500 year intervals. Answer......Because we didn't have anything close to the accuracy of measuring equipment then than we have now. And this equipment has only been available for the last fifty years or so when the first satellites were placed in orbit.

There's nothing like a graph for giving people the totally wrong impression of the situation.
Nice graphics but totally meaningless.

PS:- How can we possibly believe that the temperature can be accurately measured to plus or minus 4 degrees 22000 years ago.......Do me a favour.....
Tpin
Chatterbox
UK
Tpin is male  Tpin has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-01-2017, 10:06 PM

The average worldvtemperature has risen 0.5degrees and 2 icebergs melted since I started reading it.

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top