Join for free
Page 3 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >
Tiffany
Chatterbox
Devon
Tiffany is female  Tiffany has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-01-2017, 05:26 PM

Re: Why are people so frightened of spiders?

Originally Posted by TessA ->
That's what they said on a nature programme t'other day. Perhaps that's in winter.
Perhaps yours are fast runners Tiff!
I imagine their friends holding the door open and shouting for them to get in quick!
I think mine got into the shed in summer.

Winter & Summer our shed is full of them.
Cedronella
england
Cedronella is female  Cedronella has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-01-2017, 05:31 PM

It was that old black and white film that did it for me when I was young. The one where the woman turns into a giant spider at night.
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-01-2017, 05:32 PM

I like spiders my son always called me to remove them when he lived at home which I did with care so as not to harm them . They serve a useful purpose .
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-01-2017, 05:34 PM

Originally Posted by Tiffany ->
You would enjoy my little friend then.

It's a Wood mouse.
Tiff that's a bit too close for comfort for me they are welcome to the garage in the winter but not my kitchen
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-01-2017, 05:43 PM

Originally Posted by Artangel ->
You should never kill a spider as it's bad luck! You are meant to pick them up and put them outside!

I'll call you next time I get one then Art.

Bald tails or not, I still do not like rats one bit. (twitches and shivers). . .
susan m
DORSET UK
susan m is female  susan m has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-01-2017, 05:47 PM

I held a tarantula at a child's farm recently thinking it would stop me being scared of spiders . Nope , I've got a spider catcher on the landing and one in the lounge . I'm still terrified .
tarantula
Chatterbox
UK
tarantula is female  tarantula has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-01-2017, 06:11 PM

Originally Posted by Artangel ->
Spiders don't bother me at all! Now, mice, they terrify me! It's their horrid tails!
I can't stand rats and mice, yet I can handle a gerbil, WEIRD!
Jazzi
Chatterbox
Lowestoft
Jazzi is female  Jazzi has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-01-2017, 06:23 PM

Originally Posted by susan m ->
I held a tarantula at a child's farm recently thinking it would stop me being scared of spiders . Nope , I've got a spider catcher on the landing and one in the lounge . I'm still terrified .
There's a huge difference: tarantulas are either still or slow moving, house spiders scuttle along the floor or wall at a phenomenal pace!!! I know which I would prefer to hold.
Twink55
Chatterbox
Cheshire, England
Twink55 is female  Twink55 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-01-2017, 07:20 PM

The only time I move a spider in the house, is if it gets stuck in the bath. I don't fear any creature that can't harm me, but I really don't like slugs.... and they get a salt shower if they appear on my patio.
galty
Chatterbox
rainham essex
galty is male  galty has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-01-2017, 07:38 PM

Originally Posted by susan m ->
Was this you

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...ar-corner.html

Page 3 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top