Join for free
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-01-2017, 09:19 PM

Changing Energy Suppliers

Ever since we bought our house back in 1973 my Gas has been supplied by British Gas and my Electricity by npower [ formerly Yorkshire Electricity] I started using the internet to send in meter readings and paying bills. Because the npower site was rubbish and kept making mistakes, two years ago I changed to British Gas and received a 'Dual Fuel' discount.

In all the years I have been a British Gas customer they have never made any mistakes or compiled incorrect bills. After watching the 'One Show' tonight and learning about new energy supplier who has consistently been bottom of the list for poor customer service and incorrect billing I decided that even though I might be paying more than I should be for my energy it's worth the extra cost for trouble free service and for not having to spend hours on the telephone trying to explain to someone what the problem is....

Life is just too short for all the hassle......
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-01-2017, 10:34 PM

Re: Changing Energy Suppliers

Originally Posted by OldGreyFox ->
Ever since we bought our house back in 1973 my Gas has been supplied by British Gas and my Electricity by npower [ formerly Yorkshire Electricity] I started using the internet to send in meter readings and paying bills. Because the npower site was rubbish and kept making mistakes, two years ago I changed to British Gas and received a 'Dual Fuel' discount.

In all the years I have been a British Gas customer they have never made any mistakes or compiled incorrect bills. After watching the 'One Show' tonight and learning about new energy supplier who has consistently been bottom of the list for poor customer service and incorrect billing I decided that even though I might be paying more than I should be for my energy it's worth the extra cost for trouble free service and for not having to spend hours on the telephone trying to explain to someone what the problem is....

I am in agreement with you. They normally put the price up the next year anyway. It's the same with changing your car Insurance.
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-01-2017, 04:08 PM

We use a dual fuel account, what narks me is these utility companies trying to push these "Smart Meters", on the pretext that your bills will be more accurate, just like OGF, I get an Email once a month, asking me to submit my meter readings, what can be more accurate than that.
tarantula
Chatterbox
UK
tarantula is female  tarantula has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-01-2017, 04:13 PM

Originally Posted by OldGreyFox ->

BG suits us.
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-01-2017, 04:17 PM

FU.

First Utility are very good.
Shadowman
Wisconsin, USA
Shadowman is male  Shadowman has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-01-2017, 05:56 PM

I live in a part of the world where one cannot change electrical or gas utilities. Electrical companies or example may cover hundreds of square miles and control or own the transmission and connective lines as well (in my area even own the main generation facility). Currently, I pay about 12.5 cents per kilowatt hour and my bill last month was about $49 for the $20/month connection fee plus the electricity used.

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top