Join for free
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >
clumsy
Chatterbox
Spain
clumsy is female  clumsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-01-2017, 12:11 AM

Re: Spanish Weather

Originally Posted by Rehab44 ->
It looks nice though Clumsy ....
Most certainly a different view for us, it looks pretty enough from indoors looking out, but I can live quite happily without seeing snow.
longfellow
Chatterbox
Penthouse in Essex overlooking the Thames.
longfellow is male  longfellow has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-01-2017, 07:57 AM

So this is why I have not had my sister phoning me and irritating me about her nice warm weather and her lazing out on her sun lounger.lol
Perhaps I should skype her and wind her up..
Then again 3 to 5 degrees is still better than -3 degrees.
rhosyn
South Wales
rhosyn is female  rhosyn has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-01-2017, 09:05 AM

The news this morning had a report about the high price of "greens" imported from Spain because of the bad weather there.
Vaniy
Spain
Vaniy is male  Vaniy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-01-2017, 09:18 AM

Not sure where you are Clumsy but here on the the Sol no snow but cold for us 6 to 8 degrees and it has started raining and it is forecast rain for the next week
But the snow with you wow and that pillock IDS said we don't need the winter fuel allowance
clumsy
Chatterbox
Spain
clumsy is female  clumsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-01-2017, 10:31 AM

This morning, and all through the night, we have sleet/rain and itīs bitterly cold. I havenīt checked the temperature yet, but according to the weather reports itīs 7 degrees, I think itīs lower than that, but I havenīt been outside to check our various devices. I believe in Javea and around that area itīs snowing again.

Iīm Costa Blanca south Vaniy, usually reputed to have the best climate in Europe, just not at the present time.

It has been very bad for many "growers" Rhosyn, crops have been ruined in some areas. We had horrendous storms a few weeks ago and now many areas in parts of Spain have had heavy snow falls.

If you are interested Vaniy you can get a better picture of weather conditions on the police web site or facebook page. Itīs simply called N332 and is excellent for information on just about everything.

edited to add:

Just checked our little area, we have 4 degrees. The bikini wonīt be coming out today.
Vaniy
Spain
Vaniy is male  Vaniy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-01-2017, 11:52 AM

Thanks for that Clumsy put in favorites

Just come in from shopping Mercadona (Sings song) snow on the hills at the back of us it very rarely gets this far down don't think I will go in the pool today
clumsy
Chatterbox
Spain

19-01-2017, 12:06 PM

Originally Posted by Vaniy ->
Thanks for that Clumsy put in favorites

Just come in from shopping Mercadona (Sings song) snow on the hills at the back of us it very rarely gets this far down don't think I will go in the pool today
We now have a howling gale, rain lashing down, freezing cold, thunder and lightning and a little dog trembling like a jelly. I'm going to put the heating on and do nothing all day.
Tpin
Chatterbox
UK
Tpin is male  Tpin has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-01-2017, 12:20 PM

Originally Posted by Vaniy ->
Not sure where you are Clumsy but here on the the Sol no snow but cold for us 6 to 8 degrees and it has started raining and it is forecast rain for the next week
But the snow with you wow and that pillock IDS said we don't need the winter fuel allowance
Whereabouts are you?
Did the recent flooding affect you?

@ clumsy......never seen snow on the coast either......does look nice.

did the schools close?
Was the airport sent spiralling into chaos?
Trains and buses running 6 hours late? Etc
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-01-2017, 12:24 PM

My sister lives near Antequera and it's snowing there!
clumsy
Chatterbox
Spain

19-01-2017, 01:31 PM

Originally Posted by Tpin ->
Whereabouts are you?
Did the recent flooding affect you?

@ clumsy......never seen snow on the coast either......does look nice.

did the schools close?
Was the airport sent spiralling into chaos?
Trains and buses running 6 hours late? Etc
Come on Tpin, I'm sure you know trains never run late here, only in exceptional circumstances. I don't know about elsewhere in Spain, where they have lots of snow, but no, the schools here didn't close and I haven't heard of any problems at the airports.

Yes we did get the horrendous storms 3 or 4 weeks back. Murcia airport had to close for a while due to flooding and some roads were closed due to flooding. Crops were lost and there was a lot of damage caused, especially on the beaches, where walkways and chiringuitos were destroyed.
However, despite what some people say, the Spanish are far from being lazy and within a few days most things were repaired, cleaned up and back to normal. We are lucky, we live on a hill and although the rain runs down like a river, it doesn't come into our property.

I haven't been out today, so far, the weather is horrendous, but no doubt there are floods again and damage, and no doubt, as usual, it will be sorted and fixed without a huge fuss.

Re the snow, According to many reports it has been 91 years since there was anything more than a quick snow flurry around here.

The good thing is that no matter how bad the weather is, we know it will stop and spring and summer will come.

Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top