Join for free
Page 3 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 > Last »
Val J
East Yorkshire
Val J is female  Val J has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-05-2016, 11:21 AM

Re: Why Do People Use Different Profile Names On Different Forums?

Sometimes its easy to spot someone with a different user name by their profile picture. Although I have a different user name on other sites, I use the same avatar.
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-05-2016, 11:23 AM

hi

I only post one site like this, I used to post on another.

I an a members of other, fish related Forums.

I have two user names, preesboy, because I live in Prees and swimfeeders, which is one I have had for ages.

I can spot people with different user names when they are the same person.

Interestingly, we have a computer program which does that at work and very useful it is too.
eyes_of_a_painter
n
eyes_of_a_painter is male  eyes_of_a_painter has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-05-2016, 11:23 AM

Its called.. INCOGNITO
tarantula
Chatterbox
UK
tarantula is female  tarantula has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-05-2016, 11:29 AM

I think it very unwise to give out too much information about yourself on a forum, you have no idea whom you can trust and those you can't. I messed up big time by giving too much information about myself on-line a number of years ago. When some people put two and two together, I attracted a couple of unpleasant stalkers, and received some a few anonymous letters too. Anyway since then I have been much more circumspect.
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-05-2016, 11:41 AM

Only post on this one of late, lost the urge to inflict pain on the masses , but, I would keep the same name if I did, as has been said, the way you phrase and type is always a giveaway anyhow.
Aerolor
Chatterbox
UK
Aerolor is female  Aerolor has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-05-2016, 12:38 PM

Originally Posted by tarantula ->
I think it very unwise to give out too much information about yourself on a forum, you have no idea whom you can trust and those you can't. I messed up big time by giving too much information about myself on-line a number of years ago. When some people put two and two together, I attracted a couple of unpleasant stalkers, and received some a few anonymous letters too. Anyway since then I have been much more circumspect.
I agree with you.
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-05-2016, 01:13 PM

Hi

I agree that it is unwise to give out too much information online.

That is why I keep the fact that I am actually a lottery winning George Clooney lookalike well hidden.

TessA
Official Poinker
UK
TessA is female  TessA has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-05-2016, 01:34 PM

I used different names on different forums, but this is the only one I remember!
Hawkeye
Devon UK
Hawkeye is male  Hawkeye has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-05-2016, 01:38 PM

I've always been Hawkeye on the various Forums I visit apart from the old Saggy site where I was a completely different name. I don't really mind people changing their member names, if you have known and liked them before you can decide you don't second or third time around and do not have to apologise for it, as you did not realise.
DragonsRealm
Montgomery,Alabama
DragonsRealm is male  DragonsRealm has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-05-2016, 01:44 PM

Originally Posted by Artangel ->
I use the same profile name on the three forums l belong to. Yet others have a different profile name for the various forums they belong to. Why is this?
Do you have different profile names or are you like me and stick to the same name?
Morning Arty,I am only on 2 and I use Dragon on 1 and Dragon was taken here, so I use DragonsRealm,here.i do use the same Avatar,

Page 3 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top