Join for free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Ffosse
Chatterbox
Edinburgh
Ffosse is male  Ffosse has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-07-2018, 02:16 PM

Do you use the red button function on your TV?

Is this just a BBC thing? I was trying it out last night but there were no more additional programmes.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-07-2018, 02:23 PM

Re: Do you use the red button function on your TV?

Yes. You can use the red button for news, sport, etc and also for choosing different matches at Wimbledon. What's on there changes all the time. It's not available on any non-BBC channels though.
Ffosse
Chatterbox
Edinburgh
Ffosse is male  Ffosse has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-07-2018, 02:45 PM

Thanks, I've tried it out now and it's allowing me to choose amongst a number of games at Wimbledon.

Maybe the BBC aren't so bad after all.

BTW I got out my John Lewis chrome and cream fan and it's purring away beside me. Having something similar in hospital would have been great.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-07-2018, 02:50 PM

Originally Posted by Ffosse ->
Thanks, I've tried it out now and it's allowing me to choose amongst a number of games at Wimbledon.

Maybe the BBC aren't so bad after all.

BTW I got out my John Lewis chrome and cream fan and it's purring away beside me. Having something similar in hospital would have been great.
It used to better than that a few years ago. There was a whole list of matches to choose from but now they have narrowed it down to a few.

Sometimes when you are watching a BBC programme they will tell you to click on the red button for more information. I have even seen concerts on there.
Sweetie pie
Chatterbox
Dorset
Sweetie pie is female  Sweetie pie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-07-2018, 03:15 PM

Yes, I am always using the red button.
I think it is great for all sorts of things.
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-07-2018, 03:26 PM

Wassat?
Surfermom
Chatterbox
United States
Surfermom is female  Surfermom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-07-2018, 03:45 PM

A red button on your remote controls?

And you say we have a penchant for being zealous about our national security?

Tiffany
Chatterbox
Devon
Tiffany is female  Tiffany has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-07-2018, 03:49 PM

I use it to watch the eventing, showjumping & other horse sports. Not that any are on much, apart from racing, which I don't watch on the red button.
Ffosse
Chatterbox
Edinburgh

10-07-2018, 03:50 PM

There are also green, yellow and blue buttons that are used after you press the red button to navigate text based information such as the news, weather etc.

I must say I was happy enough with this TV - the price, it's a Sony and the size (32" which is becoming harder to find) but the TV's UI isn't the best. It's abstruse at even setting up a favourites list.

7 years ago, the TV I had then allowed you to pause live TV which it would then store on it's USB attached hard drive, and that was just a rebadged JVC TV from Slovakia - I can't do that with this model. I would need an accompanying box.
Surfermom
Chatterbox
United States
Surfermom is female  Surfermom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-07-2018, 03:56 PM

Originally Posted by Ffosse ->
There are also green, yellow and blue buttons that are used after you press the red button to navigate text based information such as the news, weather etc.

I must say I was happy enough with this TV - the price, it's a Sony and the size (32" which is becoming harder to find) but the TV's UI isn't the best.

7 years ago, the TV I had then allowed you to pause live TV - I can't do that with this model. I would need an accompanying box.
Oh, sure....that's just what "they" want you to believe.

(Actually, we have similar setups here and you'll like it once you get the hang of it.)

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top