Join for free
Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-07-2018, 09:21 PM

Re: How Much Interest in USA Is There in This World Cup?

Originally Posted by deylon ->
Dont know about Americans interest in the world cup ,but how much interest do we have in this country ? I am fed up with football on tele so much & know several people who are the same
And me!
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-07-2018, 09:22 PM

Originally Posted by Gravitas ->
Obviously the Jocks, Welsh and Irish
Surely, you mean the Jocks, Taffs and Micks?
Ffosse
Chatterbox
Edinburgh
Ffosse is male  Ffosse has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-07-2018, 09:23 PM

Football isn't for everyone.

Some guy once told me never to trust someone who didn't like football; I found that a ridiculous thing to say.
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK

11-07-2018, 09:24 PM

Originally Posted by bakerman ->
Darn little interest in soccer in the U.S. I don't think I've ever watched more than a few minutes of soccer in my entire life. Too boring.

Over here we like real football.
You don't like cricket either, do you?

Yes, I know. Complicated rules and you have to spend a whole day or more (sometimes five) to watch it!
Ffosse
Chatterbox
Edinburgh
Ffosse is male  Ffosse has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-07-2018, 09:45 PM

I never had the patience for cricket.
Surfermom
Chatterbox
United States
Surfermom is female  Surfermom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-07-2018, 12:20 AM

As more children and young adults grew up playing the sport, interest has increased. I would say that while most people know about the WC and some have watched, the majority of people are not terribly devoted to watching.

I have watched several matches, but more because I was invited to watch with friends from countries that are much more passionate about the sport than we are.

I had hoped for a Brazil v. England match. Oh well.
deylon
Fondly Remembered
Harrow,England
deylon is female  deylon has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-07-2018, 09:53 PM

Like or not it is sad we lost,but there was such a lot of boasting re England bringing home the cup it was Pride before a Fall
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK

12-07-2018, 10:46 PM

Like or not it is sad we lost,but there was such a lot of boasting re England bringing home the cup it was Pride before a Fall
Yes, that's very true.
Gravitas
North England
Gravitas is male  Gravitas has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-07-2018, 02:03 PM

The thread isn't about England.

Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top