Join for free
Page 6 of 20 « First < 4 5 6 7 8 16 > Last »
Leia
UK
Leia is female  Leia has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-07-2018, 08:23 PM

Re: Floydy in the Hot Seat.

Floydy, if you could have dinner with one famous person living or dead, who would you choose?
wild blueberry
Toronto, Canada
wild blueberry is female  wild blueberry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-07-2018, 08:25 PM

Floyd, do you remember your very first car? What was it and did you enjoy bombing around in it?
Ffosse
Chatterbox
Edinburgh
Ffosse is male  Ffosse has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-07-2018, 08:30 PM

Floydy, do you remember which album you first bought?
Lion Queen
Chatterbox
UK
Lion Queen is female  Lion Queen has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-07-2018, 08:37 PM

Hi again Floydy
Can you remember your first ever kiss, who, where and what age?
wild blueberry
Toronto, Canada
wild blueberry is female  wild blueberry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-07-2018, 08:45 PM

Floyd, where did you go on your very first date?

That is it for me today. I will catch up with you tomorrow.
Floydy
Chatterbox
Nowhere
Floydy is male  Floydy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-07-2018, 09:26 PM

Originally Posted by susiejaeger ->
Hi Floydy,

Have you ever done anything embarrassing?
This takes some thinking about, Susie. I reckon I have at some stage...I can think of one instance.

At a friend's 50th birthday party years ago, it was around the same time as my wife and myself had just got engaged, without anyone knowing.
In the middle of my friend's "thank you" speech, I (after many drinks, I might add), decided to share the band's stage and announce rather innapropriately not only that my wife and myself had got engaged that day, but also that we would be getting married. That was news to my wife to be and the look of shock on her face (and others' too) really put me in a place I wanted to hide.
She smiled about it though and congratulations were thrown around.
I felt more sorry for my friend whose party we more or less gatecrashed to make that announcement!
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-07-2018, 09:27 PM

Originally Posted by floydy ->
an excellent question mate.
2000. The year i left the raf after a 12-year enlistment. I should have stayed in the full 22 year term and i'm sure i would have been much better off financially.

The reason i left was because i met my future wife and she didn't want to be uprooting from hull into a life of married quarters, having two teenage daughters to account for as well.
But at the end of the day, i now have a lovely wife and that is much better than a "what could have been" isn't it? Sod the money!
Floydy
Chatterbox
Nowhere
Floydy is male  Floydy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-07-2018, 09:29 PM

Originally Posted by Pesta ->
Oh no - I don't want you to brag Perhaps I didn't phrase it very well.
I was wondering if you've done something or achieved something maybe that you thought you couldn't do? But did it and felt proud you came through it even tho it was daunting?

(Sorry, I do seem to have difficulty lately trying to get out what I mean. I'm better speaking rather typing )
Oh don't worry, Pesta, I probably misread your post

There are things such as getting through some very difficult moments in my basic training in the RAF, which are achievements I guess, but otherwise I can't recollect anything major, except bettering myself at the gym sometimes!
Floydy
Chatterbox
Nowhere

13-07-2018, 09:31 PM

Originally Posted by Leia ->
Floydy, if you could have dinner with one famous person living or dead, who would you choose?
I'd probably choose John Lydon (ex-Johnny Rotten), a very intelligent chap who says it as it is. My type of person to a tee. I think we'd get on rather well after a few jars.
Floydy
Chatterbox
Nowhere

13-07-2018, 09:38 PM

Originally Posted by wild blueberry ->
Floyd, do you remember your very first car? What was it and did you enjoy bombing around in it?
Apart from using my dad's 1972 Vauxhall Viva, the first car I bought myself was one of these, WB, a green 1981 Vauxhall Cavalier which I purchased in 1988.

They were strange cars and all came in the colour of Smarties: Bright green, yellow, pale blue, orange, red and brown. Bizarre really!

The first weekend I had it I drove all the way from Hull to Cornwall to see my sister. A mammoth undertaking for a newbie driver.

It was a good little rustbucket which I had for about three years.

Page 6 of 20 « First < 4 5 6 7 8 16 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top