Join for free
Page 15 of 20 « First < 5 13 14 15 16 17 > Last »
Floydy
Chatterbox
Nowhere
Floydy is male  Floydy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-07-2018, 02:09 PM

Re: Floydy in the Hot Seat.

Originally Posted by OldGreyFox ->
Good morning Floydy, really impressed with your replies....
My question is:- Do you like living in Hull? And if you could choose an ideal place to live, where would it be?
Hiya Bob

I'm good with Hull, it's my birthplace and I'm pleased I returned here when I left the RAF to settle back down with my wife and move into my new home.
It's a city plagued with bad press over the years but there have been some big changes lately, especially since its status as City of Culture last year and it has had a big renovation all over the city centre.
My friends and family are here and I couldn't move anywhere else to be fair.

I would love to retire as an ex-pat to Tenerife if that situation ever arose when I'm older though .
Floydy
Chatterbox
Nowhere
Floydy is male  Floydy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-07-2018, 02:29 PM

Originally Posted by Tiffany ->
Hi Floydy, I'm late to your thread, busy weekend, but I have read it & am also impressed by your replies. Very detailed & friendly to all.
My question...Do you go to live concerts/theatre & if so who or what have you seen live.
Hi Tiffany.
Some members are absent from the forum at the weekends, plenty more things to do aren't there? And thank you for your kind words.

I have been to hundreds of concerts over the years. The first band I saw was Asia at Wembley Arena in 1982, followed by lots of big names right down to local bands in pubs.
When I was in the RAF at my first base 1988-1990, I was lucky enough to get involved with stewarding at Wembley Stadium for a while. I saw Michael Jackson, Madonna, Fleetwood Mac and The Rolling Stones (three times in a week!). Below are some more recent tickets (I didn't save the earlier ones, sadly).
My most recent concert was seeing Roger Waters in Liverpool last week and next up will be The Australian Pink Floyd (again) at the new Hull Arena in December - unless anything pops up in between. I have just returned from a festival featuring local bands this weekend too.

I'm not a great fan of musicals but I have seen Guys And Dolls with the late Patrick Swayze in London about ten years ago and more recently the Carole King musical, Beautiful.
Ffosse
Chatterbox
Edinburgh
Ffosse is male  Ffosse has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-07-2018, 02:30 PM

I don't think Hull gets much publicity considering its size as a city. It seems to be overlooked or else gets negative attention.
Floydy
Chatterbox
Nowhere

16-07-2018, 02:34 PM

Originally Posted by wild blueberry ->
You have been great in the Hot Seat Floyd, I think you are nearing the end...but I will ask you another questionn....

What is your biggest pet peeve?
Thanks WB, it's been enjoyable. There have been some good questions from members

Is that a pet-related question, or something that irritates me in particular. I'll answer it both ways:

next door has a new dog, which is the most annoying yappy bloody thing ever to grace the road I live down. I'll say no more as it gets me angry

Amongst my pet hates are people who cannot get their act together, those who are not organised even with the most ordinary of tasks. I am quite an impatient chap and like things sorted out there and then, rather than to let things bottle up and hang around for ages.

I get annoyed with drivers who are simply careless, foolish or plain impractical. And I don't understand people who are bereft of any common sense

I have many faults of my own too, I might add.
Floydy
Chatterbox
Nowhere

16-07-2018, 02:37 PM

Originally Posted by Ffosse ->
I don't think Hull gets much publicity considering its size as a city. It seems to be overlooked or else gets negative attention.
It's because it's out of the way geographically I think, Ffosse. We're not central and are out on a limb on the coast railway line and our Humber Bridge doesn't really go anywhere.

Things are improving though, and one big draw is that Hull is becoming one of the main centres for trade at the moment. Some big developments are happening.
Tiffany
Chatterbox
Devon
Tiffany is female  Tiffany has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-07-2018, 02:39 PM

Originally Posted by Floydy ->
Hi Tiffany.
Some members are absent from the forum at the weekends, plenty more things to do aren't there? And thank you for your kind words.

I have been to hundreds of concerts over the years. The first band I saw was Asia at Wembley Arena in 1982, followed by lots of big names right down to local bands in pubs.
When I was in the RAF at my first base 1988-1990, I was lucky enough to get involved with stewarding at Wembley Stadium for a while. I saw Michael Jackson, Madonna, Fleetwood Mac and The Rolling Stones (three times in a week!). Below are some more recent tickets (I didn't save the earlier ones, sadly).
My most recent concert was seeing Roger Waters in Liverpool last week and next up will be The Australian Pink Floyd (again) at the new Hull Arena in December - unless anything pops up in between. I have just returned from a festival featuring local bands this weekend too.

I'm not a great fan of musicals but I have seen Guys And Dolls with the late Patrick Swayze in London about ten years ago and more recently the Carole King musical, Beautiful.
Thank you for your answer. You have seen a lot more bands than I have.
Ffosse
Chatterbox
Edinburgh
Ffosse is male  Ffosse has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-07-2018, 04:12 PM

Originally Posted by Floydy ->
It's because it's out of the way geographically I think, Ffosse. We're not central and are out on a limb on the coast railway line and our Humber Bridge doesn't really go anywhere.

Things are improving though, and one big draw is that Hull is becoming one of the main centres for trade at the moment. Some big developments are happening.
Dundee has much the same reputation in Scotland and it's not nearly as bad as is made out. A big part of the problem is poverty which, like Hull, I think, is higher than average.
warleyron
Warley, Essex UK
warleyron is male  warleyron has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-07-2018, 04:58 PM

I was going to ask you what the first concert you saw but.
Which concerts would you like to go back in time to see again?

Is Nelly's Bar still in Beverley?
wild blueberry
Toronto, Canada
wild blueberry is female  wild blueberry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-07-2018, 05:05 PM

What’s one thing about the opposite sex that you’re attracted to?
Lion Queen
Chatterbox
UK
Lion Queen is female  Lion Queen has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-07-2018, 05:21 PM

would you make a good public speaker or be too nervous

Page 15 of 20 « First < 5 13 14 15 16 17 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top