Join for free
Bruce
Chatterbox
Wollongong, Australia
Bruce is male  Bruce has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-07-2018, 04:03 PM

Disable a Touch Screen

I am going on holiday overseas next month and was spending a bit of time setting up my little Lenovo 10" computer which I will take with me.

The only thing I really hate about this computer is its touch screen - you can fold it back and use it like a tablet, though why on earth you would want to is beyond me.

Anyway after stopping a program I was using for the second time by touching the top RH corner to adjust the screen angle and pressing the X I finally made an effort to find out how to disable the touch screen.

Here it is:

• Open Device Manager
  • Search for Human Interface Devices.
  • Expand it.
  • Right-click on HID-compliant touch screen
  • From the list of options displayed, select 'Disable'

In Windows 10 just enter Device Manager in the search box to find it.

So much better now the touch screen is turned off.
Right Now
upstate New York US
Right Now is female  Right Now has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-07-2018, 09:47 PM

Re: Disable a Touch Screen

After a recent Windows 10 update, my laptop touch pad became active. I couldn't figure out why the Zoom feature kept resetting, and found out the problem. I no longer could set my mouse/and disable the t-pad in the old way, but went online and located some help.

Like you, it was in the Device Manager-disable. The only issue is a pop up box when I turn on the computer that lets me know it is disabled. Annoying but manageable.
Bruce
Chatterbox
Wollongong, Australia
Bruce is male  Bruce has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-07-2018, 02:10 AM

Originally Posted by Right Now ->
After a recent Windows 10 update, my laptop touch pad became active. I couldn't figure out why the Zoom feature kept resetting, and found out the problem. I no longer could set my mouse/and disable the t-pad in the old way, but went online and located some help.

Like you, it was in the Device Manager-disable. The only issue is a pop up box when I turn on the computer that lets me know it is disabled. Annoying but manageable.
There are probably several ways to do both these things because it's Windows - for example I think you can disable the touch pad via the mouse settings in control panel as well (going by memory here) but device manager has access to everything.
Right Now
upstate New York US
Right Now is female  Right Now has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-07-2018, 02:16 PM

Originally Posted by Bruce ->
There are probably several ways to do both these things because it's Windows - for example I think you can disable the touch pad via the mouse settings in control panel as well (going by memory here) but device manager has access to everything.
That was the old way to disable the pad, after the update that wasn't an option. Go figure...

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top