Join for free
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >
Mollie
Chatterbox
Wigan in Lancashire
Mollie is female  Mollie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-12-2011, 04:14 PM

Re: Am Bored Now

Problem with me is I don't have a lot of energy for mooching about. Normally, when I go food shopping for instance, I go, pick what I want, then out again. I hate shopping, but I won't let the vouchers go to waste.

It will most likely be spent on something for work as I don't go out anymore, and I've a wardrobe full of nice going out clothes.

It will be yet another hurdle though as the last time I went into Matalan I was with Gordon. All these different things keep cropping up, but they have to be met.

I have to nip to Aldi for cat food tomorrow and, as Matalan is quarter of a mile from there, I'll pop down then - depending on the traffic, of course.
dandysmom
Fondly Remembered
Washington, DC USA
dandysmom is female  dandysmom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-12-2011, 05:01 PM

Imagine wanting to go back to work! I much, much prefer retirement; never bored with books, crosswords and the internet.

Enjoy your shopping spree, Mollie!
shaz
Manchester, lancs
shaz is female  shaz has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-12-2011, 05:11 PM

I went to Matalan this morning, it was quiet on the roads. I bought 2 nice jumpers £3 each should have been £7. and a pair of jeans for a tenner. Hope you find something nice Mollie
Jimmy
Lancashire
Jimmy is male  Jimmy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-12-2011, 05:14 PM

I haven't got time to be bored.
My shopping usually means waiting outside the shop waiting for the wife to come out, on the rare occasions that I go with her.
Berxer
Chatterbox
S.Wales, UK
Berxer is female  Berxer has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-12-2011, 09:28 PM

I like Matalan too Mollie Hope you find something you like.
The Dog Lover
Watford
The Dog Lover is female  The Dog Lover has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-12-2011, 09:39 PM

Well I'm back to work tomorrow and wish I wasn't specially as trains are on a Saturday service and 2 underground lines I usually use are closed. I am never bored and am looking forward to retirement but its a couple of years away so I have to soldier on.
Mollie
Chatterbox
Wigan in Lancashire
Mollie is female  Mollie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-12-2011, 02:44 AM

Val, I envy you lass if you can retire when you want to. I was also going to retire altogether at 60, but was unable to do so because of circumstances.

If I retired now though, I would be bored sick in no time. Believe me, if you lived on your own with no family, you would be bored grand style!

I'll find summat I like in Matalan, no problem. Will let you know what I've bought. Am all excited now about that, and I'll pop into a couple of other shops whilst I'm on the complex.
dandysmom
Fondly Remembered
Washington, DC USA
dandysmom is female  dandysmom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-12-2011, 03:40 AM

Originally Posted by Mollie ->
Val, I envy you lass if you can retire when you want to. I was also going to retire altogether at 60, but was unable to do so because of circumstances.

If I retired now though, I would be bored sick in no time. Believe me, if you lived on your own with no family, you would be bored grand style!

I'll find summat I like in Matalan, no problem. Will let you know what I've bought. Am all excited now about that, and I'll pop into a couple of other shops whilst I'm on the complex.
Oh Mollie, here we go again! Honestly, living alone with no family is not a recipe for boredom; I am never bored, as I've said repeatedly, nor lonely, and I'm not alone in that. Please don't make such sweeping generalities; not everyone reacts the same. I don't mean to sound testy, but you seem so convinced! Shall we agree to differ in this?
The Dog Lover
Watford
The Dog Lover is female  The Dog Lover has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-12-2011, 10:47 AM

Mollie, I already live on my own with no family but am never bored like Eileen and am definitely going to retire at 60 or before if my house in Spain sells as that will fund retirement for a year or so. Do you do any handicrafts at all? I can spend hours knitting or doing cross stitch pictures. Always have something on the go. Then there are the dogs to keep me amused or reading, TV, music, internet etc. The days usually pass too quickly for me. Maybe you should take up some sort of hobby. Just a suggestion. Life's too short to be bored hun.
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-12-2011, 01:45 PM

It's always good to have a hobby that you enjoy when you retire, even if you do have a partner. I do enjoy some 'me-time' (like now) away from my OH and I can always find plenty of things to do at other times too.

Are there any local clubs you could join and meet new friends, Mollie? Some of them can be quite interesting.

Also helping out in a Charity shop a few days a week can help, you meet new people and you are occupying some of your time in helping others.

I also find having a pet around the house relieves any lonliness.

Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top