Join for free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Cheshire Cat
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
Cheshire Cat is female  Cheshire Cat has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-11-2015, 03:46 PM

Antiques

Can anyone recommend a forum or site where I can ask questions about antique pottery? I have inherited a few bits of old cups and saucers and plates but would love to know the value of some of them.

For instance, if anyone knows the answer, I have a pair of china cups and saucers with the makers stamp of JZ&Co very faintly on the bottom. Above the mark are the numbers 197 - the 7 could also be an fancy M. The mark is only on the saucers, nothing on the matching cups.

I have googled the company who are a German manufacturer but not sure the year of these items. Mid 1800's I think.
Rachel
Chatterbox
UK
Rachel is female  Rachel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-11-2015, 03:49 PM

Re: Antiques

Originally Posted by Cheshire Cat ->
Can anyone recommend a forum or site where I can ask questions about antique pottery? I have inherited a few bits of old cups and saucers and plates but would love to know the value of some of them.

For instance, if anyone knows the answer, I have a pair of china cups and saucers with the makers stamp of JZ&Co very faintly on the bottom. Above the mark are the numbers 197 - the 7 could also be an fancy M. The mark is only on the saucers, nothing on the matching cups.

I have googled the company who are a German manufacturer but not sure the year of these items. Mid 1800's I think.

No ...
Cheshire Cat
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
Cheshire Cat is female  Cheshire Cat has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-11-2015, 03:57 PM

Originally Posted by Rachel ->
No ...

Very helpful there, thanks Rachel.
Marj
England
Marj is female  Marj has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-11-2015, 04:00 PM

Not a forum sorry I don't know but if you know anyone with "Millers Antiques and collectors" catalogue.
Rachel
Chatterbox
UK
Rachel is female  Rachel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-11-2015, 04:07 PM

Originally Posted by Cheshire Cat ->
Very helpful there, thanks Rachel.
You're more than welcome Joy ... anytime I can be of further assistance, please don't hesitate
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-11-2015, 04:12 PM

Hi

There are many auctioneers who have valuation days, these are free and you never know, you may have a real rarity on your hands.
ruthio
Chatterbox
Southern UK
ruthio is female  ruthio has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-11-2015, 04:14 PM

http://www.figurines-sculpture.com/c...ove-query.html

Last few comments are about an M...
Cheshire Cat
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK

22-11-2015, 04:24 PM

Originally Posted by swimfeeders ->
Hi

There are many auctioneers who have valuation days, these are free and you never know, you may have a real rarity on your hands.
That's what I am hoping!!
Cheshire Cat
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK

22-11-2015, 04:25 PM

Originally Posted by ruthio ->
http://www.figurines-sculpture.com/c...ove-query.html

Last few comments are about an M...
Thank you for the link. I cannot see my particular mark but it looks like somewhere I might find out more about it.
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-11-2015, 04:37 PM

Hi

Hope this helps.

http://www.porcelainmarksandmore.com...b-01/index.php

I have a book, porcelain marks of the world. I am happy to lend it you.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top