Join for free
Page 5 of 7 « First < 3 4 5 6 7 >
lavander
s. scotland
lavander is female  lavander has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-08-2013, 06:49 PM

Re: Genealogy Corner

i started researching my family tree about 5 years ago...it can take over your life.....i cried the first time i found the death certificates for my mums brother and sister who died when they were young children....i had always known that they had died young...but seeing it on paper was so sad...although it was about 80 years ago...
Jazzi
Chatterbox
Lowestoft
Jazzi is female  Jazzi has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-08-2013, 07:44 PM

I felt that way knowing an ancestor had died at the age of nought! I am presuming she died at birth.

Yes, it can totally take over your life, but isn't it fun?
lavander
s. scotland
lavander is female  lavander has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-08-2013, 07:51 PM

my great grandfather was married 3 times...i thought my gr grandmother was his only wife...but he had one before and one after her....they all were quite young when they died...but he lived to a ripe old age....
Jazzi
Chatterbox
Lowestoft
Jazzi is female  Jazzi has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-08-2013, 07:59 PM

And I have spent countless hours trying to find my maternal grandfather's first marriage. According to Ancestry it simply doesn't exist! Yet his wedding cert to Nan clearly states widower, and Mum did say he was married before. Hmm... Very secretive was Grandad, and now very elusive.
lavander
s. scotland

15-08-2013, 08:03 PM

hope he wasn't married first time in Ireland.....most of their records were lost....
Jazzi
Chatterbox
Lowestoft

15-08-2013, 08:15 PM

Well, the thought had fleetingly passed my mind that he could have married elsewhere! When I have my caravan holiday soon I hope to pay a visit to the Essex museum to see if they have his army records. Hoping they'll give me an insight. He was invalided out with a head injury, I know that much.
lavander
s. scotland

16-08-2013, 10:10 AM

wish you luck...it's frustrating when you search ...and know that he's there somewhere...just can't find him..
lavander
s. scotland

16-08-2013, 10:12 AM

you could try scotlands people...if there's a chance he might have married there....they have a payg....
Rachel
Chatterbox
UK
Rachel is female  Rachel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-08-2013, 10:49 AM

Originally Posted by Jazzi ->
Well, the thought had fleetingly passed my mind that he could have married elsewhere! When I have my caravan holiday soon I hope to pay a visit to the Essex museum to see if they have his army records. Hoping they'll give me an insight. He was invalided out with a head injury, I know that much.
WW1 war records

Have you looked on Ancestry ? lots there
Jazzi
Chatterbox
Lowestoft

16-08-2013, 08:16 PM

I have spent hours on Ancestry! (See my posts about this site: I access it free of charge at my library, or at the London Metropolitan Archives). It's just not there.

Page 5 of 7 « First < 3 4 5 6 7 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top