Join for free
Page 115 of 276 « First < 15 65 105 113 114 115 116 117 125 165 215 > Last »
Sweetie pie
Chatterbox
Dorset
Sweetie pie is female  Sweetie pie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-07-2018, 11:46 AM

Re: I've had my chest x-ray

OMG Dreamy, you are having a bad time my lovely, I agree about the chemo.
I'm trying to keep up with this thread.
Val J
East Yorkshire
Val J is female  Val J has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-07-2018, 01:26 PM

Originally Posted by Ffosse ->
Woke up at 4am on Thursday vomiting, shivering, cold abd utterly exhausted. I then went from cold to hot very quickly. Haf hardly any srenghth and just staying upright was very hard.

I phoned their hotline and was taken in immediately. Tested all day yesterday, they know I've got a bug but don't know what type.

I feel resigned to my fate, but believe i should not have had my chemo this week.
Oh dear Ffosse, you really have been through the mill lately. Hope you feel better soon.
Ffosse
Chatterbox
Edinburgh
Ffosse is male  Ffosse has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-07-2018, 05:14 PM

Don't feel any better today - they've tried out different antibiotics and I've been monitored closely. I've to be moved to a different ward later for some arcane reason.Feel like discharging myself and taking my chances.
Ffosse
Chatterbox
Edinburgh
Ffosse is male  Ffosse has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-07-2018, 09:03 PM

I'm told Monday before I can get out but that's no guarantee that I'll be better by then especialy since they dont know what they are dealing with.

Best case scenario is that it is a brief gastrointestinal virus, but because my immune system is so low it really hits me heavy.

I didnt feel well before the chemo but was told that was the jag on Tuesday. I know this isn't true now. The evening before this happened, I was eating things like coleslaw, cherry tomatoes and beetroot which may not have helped. These things always happen at night, I've woken up feeling a bit weak and ill before and it has worn off during the day but this hit me like a sledgehammer, I could barely walk. Still feeling weak but a little better tonight.
Twink55
Chatterbox
Cheshire, England
Twink55 is female  Twink55 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-07-2018, 07:16 AM

Ffosse, I am not criticizing, but I do think you seem to be constantly focusing on how well, or how ill, you feel.... and that wont help.

I have been there myself, so I know how you feel, but if you allow your brain to only think about how ill you are, you will constantly worry and make yourself worse.

If I were you I would find something interesting, that will help to divert your mind and allow you to forget about the minor discomforts. If it doesn't, or the discomforts are really bad, tell a nurse that you need help ( if they do nothing mention it to the ward sister).

One of the best ways to relieve the stress of cancer, is to try and forget that you have cancer at every opportunity!
Ffosse
Chatterbox
Edinburgh

07-07-2018, 08:01 AM

Its more the inconvenience and disruption to my routine i dislike.

I think I'm going to discharge myself today as they're not giving me one of my medications I've been on for years.
Twink55
Chatterbox
Cheshire, England
Twink55 is female  Twink55 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-07-2018, 08:53 AM

Originally Posted by Ffosse ->
Its more the inconvenience and disruption to my routine i dislike.

I think I'm going to discharge myself today as they're not giving me one of my medications I've been on for years.
Unfortunately, they are more concerned with making you better, but if you want them to fit in to your routines, perhaps private care is your only other option.
Ffosse
Chatterbox
Edinburgh

07-07-2018, 09:09 AM

Originally Posted by Twink55 ->
Unfortunately, they are more concerned with making you better, but if you want them to fit in to your routines, perhaps private care is your only other option.
Please dont post on this thread when you know nothing of my medications and are merely being sardonic. And no, don't presume to know how I feel as you don't.
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-07-2018, 09:22 AM

Ffosse, have you asked the medical team why they have stopped one of your medications? I would have thought they would only do that if they thought you no longer needed it or it wasn’t doing the job it was supposed to do.

Try to relax a bit, I’m sure the hospital is doing all they can for you. These days hospitals don’t keep patients in longer than necessary, usually it’s just the opposite as beds are in short supply.

Wishing you well...
Ffosse
Chatterbox
Edinburgh

07-07-2018, 09:27 AM

They say my blood pressure is low and this med isn't helping. But I've been on it since 1995 and know that without it, I am about 20 times more likely to have a panic attack as my pulse goes up to around 120. The doctor knows this but doesn't take it into consideration.

I've got my own supply of diazepam to take, (just 6 tablets I routinely have with me) but they don't always work.

Page 115 of 276 « First < 15 65 105 113 114 115 116 117 125 165 215 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top