Join for free
Page 123 of 276 « First < 23 73 113 121 122 123 124 125 133 173 223 > Last »
Sweetie pie
Chatterbox
Dorset
Sweetie pie is female  Sweetie pie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-07-2018, 02:15 PM

Re: I've had my chest x-ray

Originally Posted by Val J ->
I think the udder cream I use is not quite the same, I’m sure it’s a special one for the beauty market. It was my chemo nurse who recommended it! Does the olive oil soak in, I would be worried about getting it on clothes and furnishings! I appreciate your suggestions Sweetie.
Yes, it does, I use the cheap small bottle from Wilco.
Ffosse
Chatterbox
Edinburgh
Ffosse is male  Ffosse has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-07-2018, 10:45 AM

So I saw my G.P. for repeat prescriptions and a chat about how I've been. She says that my energy levels should be beginning to lift a month or so after chemo. I certainly hope so: yesterday I was exhausted, going back to bed yet still falling asleep in front of the TV or my computer. I missed huge chunks of the Wimbledon and World Cup finals. I even slept a lot last night though woke up frequently being hot and sweaty.

My appointment was 8:30 but I didn't get seen until 9:10. I worry about picking up any infections between now and Thursday, even from those in the waiting-room although it was quiet. I'm actually looking forward to my hospital treatment knowing that it will be the last procedure, but it's been cancelled 3 times now due to infection and one time the Consultant cancelled it because it was too close to my next chemo.

Have been very lazy as I can't travel far; I'd love to be able to go away somewhere for the day - even if it was just North Berwick, a seaside town famed for its fish and chips. I'm eager to get into taking photos again.

Glad you are OK Val J.
Sweetie pie
Chatterbox
Dorset
Sweetie pie is female  Sweetie pie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-07-2018, 10:54 AM

Morning Dreamy. I am sure when you have finished your treatment you will have a lovely day away. x
It is really hot at night, I keep waking too.

Fish and chips eh? I fancy some now.
The best Fish and Chips I have ever eaten was in Rye, although I did find a lovely shop in Cornwall.
Actually Dreamy, start a thread on the best Fish and chips in the food section, it would be interesting to see what others say.
Val J
East Yorkshire
Val J is female  Val J has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-07-2018, 11:20 AM

Originally Posted by Ffosse ->
So I saw my G.P. for repeat prescriptions and a chat about how I've been. She says that my energy levels should be beginning to lift a month or so after chemo. I certainly hope so: yesterday I was exhausted, going back to bed yet still falling asleep in front of the TV or my computer. I missed huge chunks of the Wimbledon and World Cup finals. I even slept a lot last night though woke up frequently being hot and sweaty.

My appointment was 8:30 but I didn't get seen until 9:10. I worry about picking up any infections between now and Thursday, even from those in the waiting-room although it was quiet. I'm actually looking forward to my hospital treatment knowing that it will be the last procedure, but it's been cancelled 3 times now due to infection and one time the Consultant cancelled it because it was too close to my next chemo.

Have been very lazy as I can't travel far; I'd love to be able to go away somewhere for the day - even if it was just North Berwick, a seaside town famed for its fish and chips. I'm eager to get into taking photos again.

Glad you are OK Val J.
The hot weather is not helping us Ffosse, I will be glad when this heatwave is over but I never thought I would say that!

I think you should be ok as far as an infection is concerned, the worst time is just after your last chemo, all to do with white blood cells which I don’t fully understand.

It would be lovely if you could get out more, but I must admit, I never go out on my own now. Do you not have a friend who perhaps drives that you could have an occasional trip out with? I meet my friend Judith every now and again, she pays for the fuel and I treat her to coffee and cake!
Ffosse
Chatterbox
Edinburgh
Ffosse is male  Ffosse has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-07-2018, 12:26 PM

The problem with me and other people in cars is my panic attacks.

If I'm feeling really panicky, it could affect the driver as I become very unstable and just want the car to stop and to run away somewhere.

It's not a problem in trains, I've found, as there's room to move about. And in taxis there's that partition between me and the driver.

The panic attacks haven't been an issue for me since the cancer started (probably because my body and mind has a lot more to deal with) but I would still feel nervous in a car.

Sometimes I can manage bus journeys but I live quite far from the nearest bus stop - not too far, but the kind of distance that still exhausts me while I've got cancer.

Can't wait for this all to be over and a semblance of normality comes back to my life. I'm sure you're the same, Val J.

I don't live far from a John Lewis (around half a mile but all uphill), I'll need to stop a couple of times to catch my breath, and I plan on going some day this week. It's huge inside and I can spend ages just browsing - I really want some pyjamas, plus there's a cafe inside. That would break up my day and give me a trip of sorts.

In the other direction, there's a shopping centre called Ocean Terminal. I would need to get a taxi but again, there are lots of shops to browse and an M & S so I can get some of their salads which I love.

It's ironic that I live close to so many places (Edinburgh City Centre) but the fatigue and exhaustion have curtailed my getting out much at all.
Uncle Joe
Chatterbox
Brighton UK
Uncle Joe is male  Uncle Joe has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-07-2018, 08:46 AM

Originally Posted by Sweetie pie ->
Morning Dreamy. I am sure when you have finished your treatment you will have a lovely day away. x
It is really hot at night, I keep waking too.

Fish and chips eh? I fancy some now.
The best Fish and Chips I have ever eaten was in Rye, although I did find a lovely shop in Cornwall.
Actually Dreamy, start a thread on the best Fish and chips in the food section, it would be interesting to see what others say.

Those of us living in East Sussex know our food Sweetie darlin'.
Ffosse
Chatterbox
Edinburgh

17-07-2018, 05:30 PM

Tomorrow I have an appointment with a psychiatrist. This is one which has been cancelled and re-scheduled so many times due to my other illnesses. It won't be with the psychiatrist I last had as he took early retirement but someone new.

It will be good to unload and maybe help me see things in a different light. I don't do nearly enough relaxation exercises or CBT techniques although mentally I've been feeling fine.

Then, on Thursday, my treatment which I am looking forward to as the final procedure, the last bit of chemotherapy. I had a chat last night with a Macmillan nurse who knew his stuff regarding lymphoma and treatment. Apparently just 10 years ago I would have been in much worse shape in terms of what they could do for me - one of the cancer drugs wasn't available then, so I feel lucky.

Still exhausted going out and prone to micronapping during the day, at least I haven't gone back to bed today and am feeling quite positive about everything. I've washed and ironed all my clothes and know what to take in with me and what to leave behind. I should be out of hospital on Monday, my birthday, but longer if there are any complications.
Val J
East Yorkshire
Val J is female  Val J has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-07-2018, 05:50 PM

Ffosse, you are doing so well, far better than I am at the moment. I’ve been to bed twice today and could not even contemplate washing and ironing. I’m so pleased you spoke to a Macmillan nurse, they are so knowledgeable and always willing to help. Having said that, I’ve not seen or spoken to mine in over six months, but I know she is there if I need her.

Good luck tomorrow, I have another chemo session that day and Monday could be quite an exciting day for you.
Ffosse
Chatterbox
Edinburgh

17-07-2018, 06:02 PM

Good luck with your next chemo, I think you've been doing fantastically well. Some days it's impossible to resist going back to bed, it's best to give in to those moments.

Yes the nurses are wonderful and it's a free service; I've used macmillan quite a bit during my current illness.

I wake up during the night at times and put the light on for 10 minutes or so while I have a vape (something I've not been able to give up). I had a strange dream last night which involved my earphones - I'd fallen asleep with them still attached to my ears.
Sweetie pie
Chatterbox
Dorset

17-07-2018, 07:31 PM

You are both doing well.

I hope you are home for your Birthday Dreamy.
I will start a thread here anyway like I did for you last year.

The McMillan nurses are very special, they supported me and my Mother.

To you both
This hot weather makes me sleepy too.

Page 123 of 276 « First < 23 73 113 121 122 123 124 125 133 173 223 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top