Join for free
Page 75 of 276 « First < 25 65 73 74 75 76 77 85 125 175 > Last »
Ffosse
Chatterbox
Edinburgh
Ffosse is male  Ffosse has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-05-2018, 04:46 PM

Re: I've had my chest x-ray

That's nice, Val J - the weather is good for a few days at least.
Sweetie pie
Chatterbox
Dorset
Sweetie pie is female  Sweetie pie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-05-2018, 04:56 PM

Originally Posted by Ffosse ->
My mind is set on Wednesday, (plus Tuesday when I must visit my GP's nurse for bloods) what I'm going to take into hospital and what I'm not.
Take me on your phone Dreamy
Maybe take some favourite snacks with you, to hospital.
I will watch for your posts.

Originally Posted by Val J ->
It’s hubby’s birthday today and we’ve just been out for coffee and a huge piece of cake each. We sat out in beautiful gardens in the sunshine. Perfect. Just been invited to a barbecue at son’s house this evening so it gets even better!
How lovely Val, I am glad you are having a lovely day.
Ffosse
Chatterbox
Edinburgh
Ffosse is male  Ffosse has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-05-2018, 05:03 PM

I'm going to have to be careful with my mobile data - still, I'll only post on here.

Going to download some podcasts and films if I'm up to it beforehand.
Sweetie pie
Chatterbox
Dorset
Sweetie pie is female  Sweetie pie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-05-2018, 05:22 PM

I'm going to have to be careful with my mobile data - still, I'll only post on here.

Going to download some podcasts and films if I'm up to it beforehand.
This is where I will look Dreamy. Yes I forgot you are not on contract. Good idea to take films.
Ffosse
Chatterbox
Edinburgh

08-05-2018, 01:32 PM

I've got to take 6 tablets of bicarbonate of soda every 3 hours 'til tomorrow.

I know this is to make my urine alkaline and flush out the methotrexate quickly but it seems an excessive amount. I've googled what taking large amounts of bicarbonate can do and it doesn't make for good reading.
Sweetie pie
Chatterbox
Dorset

08-05-2018, 01:42 PM

I've got to take 6 tablets of bicarbonate of soda every 3 hours 'til tomorrow.

I know this is to make my urine alkaline and flush out the methotrexate quickly but it seems an excessive amount. I've googled what taking large amounts of bicarbonate can do and it doesn't make for good reading.
Oh goodness, Dreamy.
Thanks for the update.
I try not to google stuff these days.
Ffosse
Chatterbox
Edinburgh

08-05-2018, 02:03 PM

I wish I hadn't googled it. I've phoned the hospital and am waiting for a call-back. If they don't call, I think I'll stop taking it even if they have to give me it again in hospital tomorrow.
Ffosse
Chatterbox
Edinburgh

08-05-2018, 03:06 PM

Well, the hospital advice is to take as many as I possibly can but to stop if I feel sick as it is a large amount of tablets. The drug regime is, apparently, very tightly controlled.
Sweetie pie
Chatterbox
Dorset

08-05-2018, 07:25 PM

I wish I hadn't googled it. I've phoned the hospital and am waiting for a call-back. If they don't call, I think I'll stop taking it even if they have to give me it again in hospital tomorrow.
Well, the hospital advice is to take as many as I possibly can but to stop if I feel sick as it is a large amount of tablets. The drug regime is, apparently, very tightly controlled.
Poor you, at least you asked, you are so much braver than me Dreamy.
Ffosse
Chatterbox
Edinburgh

09-05-2018, 08:16 AM

I didn't sleep very well, but am all packed up and ready to go. My stuff fits in to 2 large bags, quite heavy but at least I won't be carrying them around much.

Come 11:30 I'll phone a taxi. I'll still post on this thread but perhaps not so much others. It's just a pain typing on my phone even though it has a large screen. If they had wi-fi I'd probably take my laptop with me. But I've got plenty of books downloaded, a couple of movies and, of course, my music - couldn't do without my tunes.

I can't decide whether or not to take my expensive watch or a cheaper one. The Monaco has barely been off my wrist since I bought it a few weeks ago.

My phone is charged and I'll take my Bluetooth earphones with me - that means I just need the 2 cables.

Page 75 of 276 « First < 25 65 73 74 75 76 77 85 125 175 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top