Join for free
Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3
Devo
SW UK
Devo is male  Devo has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-04-2018, 11:05 AM

Re: The Byrds Vs. The Kinks

I like the Byrds very much but it will always be the Kinks for me. In some ways, I reckon they were more important, musically than the Beatles in the 60s. While the Beatles were still being, in effect, a British band playing American music, Ray Davies was inventing English rock music. Without the Kinks, Britpop would never have happened.
Listen to the early Beatles stuff (and, in some cases, less early) and it sounds of its time, a lot of the early Kinks stuff is timeless and, production aside, it could have been recorded yesterday.
Suzuki Sue
Chatterbox
West Yorkshire
Suzuki Sue is female  Suzuki Sue has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-04-2018, 11:09 AM

Kinks every time their British and Ray Davies is a Bradford lad and i'm a Bradford lass
Ffosse
Chatterbox
Edinburgh
Ffosse is male  Ffosse has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-04-2018, 01:42 PM

Interesting that almost all the Byrds went on to bigger and sometimes better things - Gene Clark, Roger Mcguinn and Chris Hillman with their solo careers and other projects, David Crosby with CSNY.

Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top