Join for free
Floydy
Chatterbox
Nowhere
Floydy is male  Floydy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-06-2018, 03:04 PM

In The Aeroplane Over The Sea

Perhaps I should have posted this in Nom's "Unsung" thread, but I think this album deserves a thread of its own to be honest...

Whilst I was doing my album thread on here, Ffosse mentioned in passing that his favourite all-time album was In The Aeroplane Over The Sea by a band called Neutral Milk Hotel, who I had never heard of previously.

I decided to download the album and played it twice through on holiday, relaxing in the warm Tenerife night outside on my hotel balcony with a double single malt.

I must say I love it and I recommend it to anyone who is a fan of soundalike bands such as Grandaddy, Fountains Of Wayne or They Might Be Giants. See what you think.

Below is a live rendition of the title track plus the full album in audio format:

Thanks Ffosse, for bringing this excellent album to my attention
Floydy
Chatterbox
Nowhere
Floydy is male  Floydy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-06-2018, 08:20 PM

Re: In The Aeroplane Over The Sea

Ffosse?
Psmith
melbourne australia
Psmith is male  Psmith has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-06-2018, 10:15 PM

Neutral Milk Hotel are just my cup of tea.
I'd award a gold top for that LP,the creme de la creme.....OK I'm done.
Yes,it is excellent.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-06-2018, 07:33 PM

I have never heard of this but will give it a try when I get some time.
fender
Chatterbox
SE England
fender is male  fender has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-06-2018, 07:42 PM

I tried, I really did, but can't get on with it - sorry!

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top